Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a pre-reveal reservation holder (I drove 3 hours to the nearest store to wait in line) and am eagerly awaiting my Model 3 much like many of you :)

I understand that with the Model X reservation and configuration process they released the design studio in batches, and that the configuration time made a critical difference in when you actually received your car. If someone was indecisive and waited a few days before configuring it could push their delivery back by weeks or months.

So my question is - how did they notify Model X reservation holders that it was time to configure? Was it just an email? Did they send texts or make phone calls? If the Model 3 configuration process is the same as the X, clearly you wouldn't want to miss the notification.

The impetus for my question is that numerous times I've tried signing up for email updates on Tesla's website but I've never received anything from them, while I know others have (regarding things such as the AP 2.0 announcement). I'm concerned that this could mean that I'd miss the "it's time to configure" email.

I know I'm being paranoid, and after all I did receive my reservation confirmation email and another email regarding the Model 3 about a week later, but I'd be devastated if I missed it and my car got pushed back...

Welcome to the TMC forums!

Did you check your MyTesla account to confirm that your correct e-mail address is specified and that under "Communication Preferences" you have "Email" (and/or any of the other options) selected?

Thanks! That was an excellent thought - I've now checked all the options so I can't miss anything :) I did have enough common sense to make sure my email address was right, but email was the only selected communication option. I did receive my reservation confirmation, so there's that...

I am curious what the process was like for the Model X, though - if for no other reason that knowing what to expect.

There was an X owner who posted some info on this a while back, I tried to find it by scanning the threads and a search but wasn't able to. Basically once you get that invite to configure how quickly you finalize it WILL affect your delivery date as they are sent out in batches. It was recommended to have all your options figured out beforehand so you just plug things in and hit confirm as soon as you get the invite to configure your car if you want to have it as soon as possible.

I imagine there will be a lot of members on this board checking their email every 5 minutes once we know it's show time! :eek::p:D

Reactions: diamond.g
Yes, you'll get an email. But if you're this anxious about it, you'll likely be checking MyTesla and/or the forums pretty regularly. And it's even possible that your notification email will lag behind when you can actually configure. For me, I never got a notification email. I'm assuming because my reservation happened only a week or two before it opened to the public. But I still knew the morning I was allowed to configure! I'm hoping at the next reveal event, they'll at least give us a ballpark for when the first people will be invited to configure, so we know when to start obsessing.

Yes, you'll get an email. But if you're this anxious about it, you'll likely be checking MyTesla and/or the forums pretty regularly. And it's even possible that your notification email will lag behind when you can actually configure. For me, I never got a notification email. I'm assuming because my reservation happened only a week or two before it opened to the public. But I still knew the morning I was allowed to configure! I'm hoping at the next reveal event, they'll at least give us a ballpark for when the first people will be invited to configure, so we know when to start obsessing.
Too late for that.

When it's time to relax, One beer stands clear, beer after beer...
Miller_High_Life__Bottle_Hero_16.jpg

Miller tastes too good to hurry through...