Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will 3rd row option be available to order again?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am supposed to pick up my new Model Y in the near future. However, I’m strongly considering delaying until they release more details on the 3rd row version. Elon said they’ll start to ship in early December. For those of us who didn’t pre-order a 3-row option, any educated guesses on when it will be available to order and when we may ultimately get one delivered?

It will be something incredible if they are able to pull it off. Sure doesn't look like much room for the third row. There has always been talk of a third row in the Model S too.
There was a third row in the model S for a short time. I think it was official because I saw a p85 with it. Can’t legally put someone that small without a car seat lol

Yeah, I really thought we would see some deliveries by now as well as the RWD version. I guess the other trims are selling well enough that these might be pushed into Q1?
Although they would make even more money on 3rd row. Perhaps they just haven’t had time to set up production for it? Or maybe they realized it can’t be done and will just fade it out until people forget about it?

You have to think from first principles, you are too attached to verticality.
Screenshot_2020-08-02_at_9.10.30_AM_1024.jpg

are there any pictures of the 3rd row?

Nope, but from the details you can tell that they are front facing, so you can split leg room between the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd row.

Seven Seat Interior Includes:
  • Third row seating for two
  • Easy Entry into third row
  • Third row USB-C charging
  • Sliding second row with adjustable seatbacks
  • Fold-flat second and third rows for maximum cargo storage
  • Electronic fold-flat releases in trunk

Last edited: