TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Where can I _physically_ pick up accessories?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by redox, Jan 10, 2015.

1. redox

redox Member

Sep 13, 2014
    SF Bay Area

I want to order All Weather mats and the Tire Repair Kit, but I see no need to order online and pay for shipping + waiting, etc - when I live just a few miles away from both a Tesla showroom and a service center. I probably drive past them every day (or very near).

Can I buy/pick up accessories there?
    I just called the Sunnyvale SC - they said they have the Tire Repair Kit but not the mats. They also said I can have stuff (like the mats) shipped there if I order from the website - which seems true (it's a bit ambiguous - they say on their webpage that you can select a SC for stuff that "needs to be installed"), but you still have to pay for shipping.

Any experience?

-- Greg
  2. MikeBur

MikeBur ManualPilot

Dec 8, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    i picked up full set of all weather mats and compressor at Seattle SC, they keep a few in stock they said. Saved a chunk of change on shipping. As a bonus they kindly fitted the mats, even though this was spur of the moment, and yet the engineer refused a tip. Great service continues.
  3. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

Sep 16, 2013
    Bay Area, CA
    The SCs carry some stuff, and commonly have accessories in stock for purchase. Sunnyvale is a strange case, I think, as their facility is pretty small. Palo Alto isn't much bigger. I picked up the trunk liner, the tire compressor, and a bunch of adapters from the SC at the factory in Fremont. It was all just in stock, no waiting.
  4. Zextraterrestrial

Mar 11, 2010
    Humboldt/Los Altos
    If you ask at a service center they should be able to get things for you to pick up. stuff is always going between Fremont and local SC's. I have picked up items at San Rafael and Fremont to avoid shipping
  5. Blu Zap

Blu Zap Grinning member

Oct 1, 2014
    San Rafael, CA.
    I picked up the tire repair kit at the San Rafael SC. All the other stuff, weather floor mats, frunk bag, etc they were always out of stock. So I got that stuff on-line so I didn't have to wait.
  6. lloyds

lloyds Member

Apr 3, 2013
    Bay Area
    Any service stations, but do call ahead to make sure they have it in stock.