Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where can I find the current Tesla Supercharging costs in Australia?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you are charging close to your board you could have the electrician install a dedicated 15a din mounted gpo in the board, assuming you have sufficient spare slots. Saves all the cable routing and cable costs. Means your board door has to be open when charging so not a good option if thats exterior.

If all your breakers and main switch are the same width (approx 2cm) then you are single phase. If one or more are tripple width then 3 phase
That's where I am confused. It looks like single, but at the same time I read somewhere that if there are three fuses in the main board it is 3 phase (How To Check if You Have 3 Phase Power (& Solar)). My board has 3 fuses but the breakers are slim and all same size. I do have an extended board which I haven't looked at yet.

Attached are the images of the main board.

Attachments

• IMG20230228130403.jpg
    IMG20230228130403.jpg
    314.5 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_20230228_215922.jpg
    IMG_20230228_215922.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 44
That's where I am confused. It looks like single, but at the same time I read somewhere that if there are three fuses in the main board it is 3 phase (How To Check if You Have 3 Phase Power (& Solar)). My board has 3 fuses but the breakers are slim and all same size. I do have an extended board which I haven't looked at yet.

Attached are the images of the main board.
The main switch shown is single phase, however the other board may tell a different story as the main switch shown is likely just be for that sub-board. Fairly sure thats a single phase meter though.

I just did a bit of a research and can see that MY can charge 0-100 in under 8 hours on single phase if using 32amps plug.

However, I read somewhere that Tesla UMC comes with only up to 15 amps adaptor. Is there a good suggestion for 32 amps adaptor that works with Tesla Gen2 UMC?

Also, does Tesla automatically detect the amperage when using Tesla UMC or do I have to be careful with that?

Last edited:
I just did a bit of a research and can see that MY can charge 0-100 in under 8 hours on single phase if using 32amps plug.

However, I read somewhere that Tesla UMC comes with only up to 15 amps adaptor. Is there a good suggestion for 32 amps adaptor that works with Tesla Gen2 UMC?
You would need an entirely different bit of charging kit. The UMC maxes out at 16A 3 phase I think. A Tesla HPWC will be cheaper than the portable alternatives.