Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where do the written off Teslas go in Aus?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the S model statutory write off P100D got passed in at $51K and it has got battery casing and rear gear drive damage.
Cheers for that info, I missed the auction and wanted to know the result.
The photos of the P100D made it look near-perfect. It certainly looked an easier fix than my car. Did it definitely have battery and rear gear damage? Snap any photos?

Cheers for that info, I missed the auction and wanted to know the result.
The photos of the P100D made it look near-perfect. It certainly looked an easier fix than my car. Did it definitely have battery and rear gear damage? Snap any photos?

Outer case battery damage and Tesla don’t offer a fix for that part so it’s written off. It must be going overseas once fixed to pay that price.

• Informative
Reactions: NiallDarwin
Outer case battery damage and Tesla don’t offer a fix for that part so it’s written off. It must be going overseas once fixed to pay that price.
Hey, I did one and took it overseas. I haven't made out like a bandit. With a bu66ered battery case it wouldn't be a good buy for me either. We do have repair standards out here y'know. Over your side of the ditch there's no one skilled enough to fix things so they just class 'em all as unrepairable :p
(Full disclosure, I got my '16 repaired in Ozzie before shipping it over)

So, no photos then?

• Funny
Reactions: baillies
Cancel that, there's a dead S75 coming up in Vic that should provide the panels I need to fix my S60D and the drivetrain for my re-power. It looks perfect for me so unless anyone desperately needs it please be kind :)

So, if you put the motor from an S75 into an S60D, then assuming it fits ok, your S60D is going to have a lot more power given that the single rear motors are bigger than the duel rear motors; it'd be like a P60D :D

Reactions: NiallDarwin
So, if you put the motor from an S75 into an S60D, then assuming it fits ok, your S60D is going to have a lot more power given that the single rear motors are bigger than the duel rear motors; it'd be like a P60D :D

That's not what I'd thought of. The bits I want for the 60D are panels and suspension. The motor and battery is for a campervan. I didn't know the single motors were still the bigger ones, I thought they were just the same as the rear one from a D after the facelift. Interesting. My parents don't need a big motor in their campervan :D