TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Where is the media coverage?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Cal1, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Cal1

Cal1 Member

This is nuts! When in the history of mankind have you EVER heard of folks lining up to buy a car the night before. We have folks posting pics of tents, and lines with more than a hundred people across the nation, waiting to pay a $1000 for a car they haven't even seen. Nothing on the local or national news. NOTHING. The local Portland OR news had a long segment on the first Chick Fil A to open in the area. And while I admit this is truly a significant event, I would think they would take at least mention all of the people at Tesla stores. The $ cash flow into Tesla alone is news worthy!

Did Tesla get blacklisted somehow?

2. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker Beta Tester

I've seen TV and newspaper stories covering the event from around the world. Maybe you just need to call one of your local stations and give them the heads-up!

• Like x 1
  3. Subrock

Subrock Member

Seems like lots of press to me. The lineup in Vancouver has been on the news and in the papers for the last 3 days

4. Trev Page

Trev Page Member

TV crews were out this morning in Toronto. Should be all over the news tonight. This is very good publicity for Tesla and helps the cause. When people see lineups of people like and Apple release to buy a car they will wonder what the fuss is all about and visit Tesla.com and have their eyes opened to EVs.

The tectonic shift starts today.

• Like x 2
  5. kort677

kort677 Active Member

who says the media doesn't have biases or follow an agenda?

6. Trev Page

Trev Page Member

7. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

All the local news stations showed up with film crew this morning in Rocklin. Definitely getting attention.

8. Brad_NC

Brad_NC Member

Local news was at my Tesla Store this morning.

9. ggnykk

ggnykk Active Member

If you check other threads, people are reporting news crew at multiple Tesla locations.

10. 1208

1208 Active Member

11. ELRev

ELRev Member

I and my fellow line-sitters in Burbank, CA have been on 3 different news channels since last night. A CBS radio station also called a few of us for interviews. It may not be Wolf Blitzer's top story in The Situation Room, but there's plenty of coverage.

12. ggnykk

ggnykk Active Member

Just saw the local channel 4 NBC news in New York. They did talk about Tesla Model 3 and showed a few video clips about Tesla.

13. CaptainScavo

CaptainScavo Member

A lady in front of me at the Atlanta-Dekalb Tesla store does voiceover work (including some for 11Alive news). She texted some of her friends at the station to try to get them to come out and film the 200 folks lined up at the store and they weren't interested.
    No news crews at all at our location.

14. larmor

larmor Member

TV news crew here at pasadena...

15. nickpants

nickpants Member

16. eloder

eloder Member

Initially we had a news crew drive past us to cover the Apple iPhone launch nearby, but they came back 10 minutes later and ended up interviewing people and taking a lot of video.

• Like x 3
    • Funny x 1
  17. Beckler

Beckler Member

18. mczajka

mczajka Member

In DC, ABC7 was filming when I got there, but I think they were getting some shots for the talking heads. They left way too early. We had about 50-60 when they left, and when the door opened, closer to 200+/-.

19. Bimbels

Bimbels GoldMember

There is a local FOX station literally down the street from the Dedham, MA store. (Serving part of greater Boston)The guy who was first in line was also the first person to line up in all of the USA. #2 in line has a friend who works at the station - called said friend and they were not interested. There was no news coverage at Dedham when I was there despite a very long line (I'm guessing over 200.)

Historic for a car company - you'd think they'd at least send a crew even if they didn't end up using it.

• Like x 1
  20. DougH

DougH Active Member

It's all over the Portland news. They said that there was at least 400 people in line at Washington Square.

• Like x 1