Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where is the media coverage?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is nuts! When in the history of mankind have you EVER heard of folks lining up to buy a car the night before. We have folks posting pics of tents, and lines with more than a hundred people across the nation, waiting to pay a $1000 for a car they haven't even seen. Nothing on the local or national news. NOTHING. The local Portland OR news had a long segment on the first Chick Fil A to open in the area. And while I admit this is truly a significant event, I would think they would take at least mention all of the people at Tesla stores. The $ cash flow into Tesla alone is news worthy!

Did Tesla get blacklisted somehow?

I and my fellow line-sitters in Burbank, CA have been on 3 different news channels since last night. A CBS radio station also called a few of us for interviews. It may not be Wolf Blitzer's top story in The Situation Room, but there's plenty of coverage.

A lady in front of me at the Atlanta-Dekalb Tesla store does voiceover work (including some for 11Alive news). She texted some of her friends at the station to try to get them to come out and film the 200 folks lined up at the store and they weren't interested.
No news crews at all at our location.

There is a local FOX station literally down the street from the Dedham, MA store. (Serving part of greater Boston)The guy who was first in line was also the first person to line up in all of the USA. #2 in line has a friend who works at the station - called said friend and they were not interested. There was no news coverage at Dedham when I was there despite a very long line (I'm guessing over 200.)

Historic for a car company - you'd think they'd at least send a crew even if they didn't end up using it.

Reactions: ggnykk