Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where to put jack stands on Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Somewhat scary moments with Jackpoint jackstands. Next time I'll have to find an adapter because they don't fit reasonable heavy duty floor jacks.

jackpoint_3.jpg

jackpoint_2.jpg

jackpoint_1.jpg

Attachments

• jackpoint_1.jpg
    jackpoint_1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 363
Looks like you just mis-positioned your jack? Or did it slip off?.

The problem is that the platform on the jack is wider than the raised circle in the Jackpoint, so it's not possible to get a proper mating between the two without an adapter. The pictures show as close as I could get it to matching. I was surprised because the jack I have looks to have a standard size platform.

I could have ordered the jack from Jackpoint, but $1200 seems a bit much.

I got a set of JackPoint stands and they are nice, but with my current jack (3.5" lowered pad height) the standard JackPoint pad won't allow the floor jack to roll under my Model S P85D with spring suspension. I was able to mill the aluminum JackPoint pad down so it does fit while still providing enough e clearance for the battery when lifting.

Can you post a picture of where you placed the jack at the front? I'm planning on painter my calipers as soon as my S arrives in Seattle. I've done it on Porsches before and there's a great central spot near the engine to use as a Jack point.

Thanks... and yes! Jack up the front high enough to get a jack stand under the rear. Use only jack points!

Aside: Anyone planning on DIY caliper painting should know a little trick: Use tin foil for hard to mask areas.