TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Where to put sunglasses on Model X?

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by Dan Utah, May 12, 2018.

1. Dan Utah

Dan Utah Member

My car will be here in a few weeks it will be a model x.

On my previous cars I put a clip on the visor for my sunglasses. Where am I supposed to put this on the model X since it has no visors.

2. DaddyP713

DaddyP713 Member

We put ours in the cubby under the center screen. We ordered a cubby drawer from forum member Norm, and love it.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  3. DaddyP713

DaddyP713 Member

• Informative x 1
  4. gfb107

gfb107 Member

There are visors in the X. They’re stowed along the top edge of the door windows.

• Like x 1
  5. mxnym

mxnym Member

This. However, I keep my sunglasses in a sunglasses case in one of the cup holders in the center console (not the cup holders under the armrests, the ones under the sliding door).

6. Eclectic

Eclectic Member

"Where to put sunglasses on Model X?"

On the headlights?

• Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
  7. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure This All Out

For short intervals flip my sunglasses upside down and shove the open arms into the slot below the center console. I holds the glasses tight and they are at the ready. I keep a cleaning cloth in the little pocket to remove the smudges I get on them when grabbing them.

For longer intervals I just keep them in a glass case in the map pocket.

8. Uncle Paul

Uncle Paul Active Member

Some put them in the door pull area below the side window. There is a storage bin under the front of the center consul. Some put them vertically in the triangle area to the sides of the removable cup holders, or sideways where the extra cup holders are under the arm rests. Lots of places.

• Like x 2
  9. VikH

VikH Member

I have found this to be the best location for me.

• Like x 1
  10. Red5StandingBy

Not an X owner, but a new S owner. I was wondering the same thing when we got ours, but I just naturally put them in that exact spot in my center console. They've stayed there ever since (well, except when I need them on). :cool:

Plus, I already filled up the Norm cubby with other stuff.

11. Yinn

Yinn Active Member

I have a cubby drawer from RPM Tesla, I think it was around $40. Whether from them or someone else, it's one of the best and most used additions to my X. Previously, sunglasses went flying. Now I have those and some other small items in the cubby.