Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where to wash floor mat?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I put the tuxmat into my car. With last few weeks bad weather, these are become too dirty. I don’t want to turn on tap in my garage to wash it , as the temperature will again go bad next week may cause problems.

Is any gas station that have a water tap that I can use to wash the floor mat?

So far , I only saw vacuum and the tire pressure gun there.

Interesting you are talking about that. lol

I just wash the Tuxmat Mat using the laundry Tubs inside my house, and it works great. I always wondering why you want to put a sink there since we use washer to wash the clothes. Now we use that sink pretty often.

Of course, use the garden hose outside is a bad idea, and coin wash is overkill.

Just my 2 cents

+1 for coin wash.

I have the maxpider, but about once a week I go to the coin wash and just use pressure soap + pressure rinse to clean off most of the stuff stuck to the car. At the same time I wash the floor mats.

I don't use the soap brush in those places because who knows what crud is stuck there. When it's warmer I wash at home, so this is just to try and minimize winter salt and muck on the car.

On a 'warm' day like today I'll do a wash with a load of microfiber towels to take the dirt off, only using one wipe then turning to a clean part. Like in this video:

One kind of unscrupulous thing I do when I just want to clean off dirt but not wash is just go to the coin wash and rinse without putting money in. The water is usually flowing at low pressure to avoid it freezing in the pipes, and if I am going to give it a full wash on the weekend I may stop in to do a low pressure rinse mid week. This method works well for mats if you are like me and didn't get the 14k rebate for your model 3 and can't afford regular car washes :rolleyes:

I don't use the soap brush in those places because who knows what crud is stuck there.

+100000 this
My last car was a brand new bmw 4 series super sleek and black. I used the soap brush ack didn’t notice anything. When I had my car opticoated they put it under super lights. Swirl marks everywhere it was aweful! He was able to repair a little but some were too deep to fix. Lesson learned, don’t learn this!! Avoid at all costs

Reactions: JasontheBeaver
floor mats, I just take mine to the bathtub

I switched to winters late in the season, the summers from my other car went up to our Master Stand up shower and I washed each wheel and had them dry before bagging and stacking them back in the garage as it was freezing outside

Wife thought I was crazy but DGAF haha

floor mats, I just take mine to the bathtub

I switched to winters late in the season, the summers from my other car went up to our Master Stand up shower and I washed each wheel and had them dry before bagging and stacking them back in the garage as it was freezing outside

Wife thought I was crazy but DGAF haha
Damn, I got in trouble for washing the dog in our upstairs bathtub. I can't imagine the **storm that would be caused if I took my tires into the shower :eek:

+100000 this
My last car was a brand new bmw 4 series super sleek and black. I used the soap brush ack didn’t notice anything. When I had my car opticoated they put it under super lights. Swirl marks everywhere it was aweful! He was able to repair a little but some were too deep to fix. Lesson learned, don’t learn this!! Avoid at all costs
I earn a decent living doing paint corrections on cars because of those nasty, filthy, scratchy coin-op wash brushes! Scrub away! lmao
But seriously, I just recommend using the water, never the brush. You already know that.

+1 for coin wash.

I have the maxpider, but about once a week I go to the coin wash and just use pressure soap + pressure rinse to clean off most of the stuff stuck to the car. At the same time I wash the floor mats.

Same. Just a quick wash to get most of the stuff off the car. It doesn't come out perfect, but it's winter... and only costs $3 or $4.

Also, most coin car washes have a large pin where you can hang your mats while you spray them.