Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where would you live if you could?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Notice how we get on these tangent conversations mostly when we are waiting for something from Tesla?? :)
So true! We're waiting on a Powerwall installation at the moment. We're also waiting for the dual motor Model 3, but that's less of an immediate concern. Our desire for a Powerwall system, by the way, has much to do with where we've chosen to live, as power outages are not unusual here in the mountains.

Gaikokujinde nihonnodokodemo sundeirunowa taihen....soodatokonowatashigaomoimasuga.....
Nihon no dokusho wa ekisaitingude tanoshīdesu. Ōsaka no jidō hanbaiki kara redīsu no shitagi o kōnyū shita toki no yōna kanjidesu
images.jpg

Notice how we get on these tangent conversations mostly when we are waiting for something from Tesla?? :)
Absolutely!:D Besides, we might actually influence Supercharger buildout:

My list, from places I have lived or had long stays:

Saint Paul de Vence- Supercharger in service less than 1km from the house I owned- Cagnes sur Mer;
Park City- Destination chargers and easy I-80 Superchargers both East and West;
Amman- Superchargers covering all of Jordan;
LA, San Francisco, New York, Miami etc-every place I have lived in the US and every city where I studied has Superchargers. The most remarkable one was where I studied the Niobrara chalk beds one summer- Hays, Kansas
Hong Kong- every needed place, but short on residential options.
UAE-Destination chargers all over, I lived in Dubai and Sharjah both of which are easy for Destination Chargers.
Tokyo, Seoul, Moscow, Toronto- Superchargers

There is still a long list missing: like Bahrain, Manila, Rio de Janeiro and oddly;

Sana'a (now can somebody tell me why there are no Superchargers in Yemen?:rolleyes: That would be a great place to retire. I took my new bride from Rio de Janeiro to Sana'a. We survived. Fascinating place back then. Now, not so much, perhaps.

Clearly this thread is for us to bide our time.

FWIW, on topic, wherever I retire must have easy Supercharger and highway access to interesting places for Tesla road trips. That may be my principle criterion.:D

Absolutely!:D Besides, we might actually influence Supercharger buildout:

My list, from places I have lived or had long stays:

Saint Paul de Vence- Supercharger in service less than 1km from the house I owned- Cagnes sur Mer;

SNIP

Did someone say Cagnes Sur mer? Owned? Past tense? How could you sell it?

Anywhere in France ... but to be in Provence ... Nice, Antibes, to have an apartment in Marina Baie des Anges near Cagnes.

Reactions: jbcarioca
Now that just plain silly. No one here want to live anywhere they'd have to give up their Tesla... ;)

It's a great place to visit. Been there lots and going again next week. I wouldn't want to live there, though, since the whole country fits in just 1/3 of of my Province -- so it's kind of claustrophobic to me plus it's isolated down there and a long flight out. I like being able to drive to Alaska or Florida.

My answer to the OP's question is I don't really care where I live as long as it's within driving distance of wherever my three daughters live so my wife and I can be an integral part of our grandchildren's lives (my girls are 20, 18 and 16) so no time soon! So my answer resolves around my family, not the place, since that is what makes me most happy -- not the scenery or other things -- but fortunately for me that's BC (and NZ - for my wife) two of the more beautiful places in the world. But if I can't drive to my grandchildren's events, it's not a place I'd want to live at. I do realize my kids may move away -- we just discussed that recently when NZ brought in the "no foreign buyers rule" -- which we really need here too because the real estate market in the lower mainland of BC is priced out of most people's range who work here and pay taxes at our rates. It's not fair that we have to compete with people coming from countries who don't pay nearly the tax we pay, among other inequities. It's a not a level playing field and it's too bad what has happened in NZ likely won't ever happen here

I’ve learned the hard way that Canuck’s point is now the paramount consideration for me. I moved to Palm Springs after I retired in 2011. Shortly thereafter, I was diagnosed with a terminal disease.

Once that happened to me, the only thing that really mattered to me was being close to family and friends. I don’t care about anything else anymore. Relationships are the center of my life now. And I’d like to thank Canuck for his post because it made me write this one, the point of which is to remind everyone (and especially older people because your chances of having my experience are much greater than for younger folks) to think about it.

Now I am not saying that being close to family and friends is going to be everyone’s priority, whether or not they get sick. I am just advising everyone to include it as a consideration, whether or not you get sick — but especially in case you do.

Did someone say Cagnes Sur mer? Owned? Past tense? How could you sell it?

Anywhere in France ... but to be in Provence ... Nice, Antibes, to have an apartment in Marina Baie des Anges near Cagnes.
My house was on Route des Serres in Saint-Paul. We have several friends living in Marina Base des Anges, those terraces make an apartment a good thing, especially with the spectacular airport views. How could we sell it? We ask ourselves.:oops: That's why we still have it on our list. When be bought there it was rural, but 10 minutes from NCE. Now it's suburban with a shopping center a km away that has the Supercharger. I'm not certain that we want to live there now. Still, we do love it and many of our friends still live there.

Hmmm...

Perhaps this thread could be of somewhat greater utility if parsed into segments along the lines of

IF you had $X to spend on housing and $Y disposable yearly income, THEN.....

Hmmm...

Perhaps this thread could be of somewhat greater utility if parsed into segments along the lines of

IF you had $X to spend on housing and $Y disposable yearly income, THEN.....
Why? It’s interesting to understand people’s choices regardless. For me anyway, because it adds perspective about the Tesla community.