TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Which air dryer are you using?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Mickie, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Mickie

Mickie Member

Looking to get a good air dryer for washes to eliminate the traditional chamois process, since less physical contact with the paint, the better. Can anyone steer me to a good one that gets the job done?

2. Buddy

Buddy Member

Are electric leaf blowers adequate? I have a Ryobi battery powered leaf blower.

3. Pando

Pando Member

The accelerator pedal.

• Funny x 9
  4. Mickie

Mickie Member

Not sure--do they have filters to catch debris like the automotive ones?

5. Buddy

Buddy Member

Not that I know of. I figure it's just outside air...same air that you drive through on the highway.

6. No ICE

No ICE 2016 S75D pearl AP1, & 2014 silver S85 AP1

I use a leaf blower as well. Neighbors look at me like I am crazy, but it gets all the water out of my cars little cresses like door jams and lights and mirrors. After that, just a very quick pass over with a drying towel it is all spotless!

7. Ti3034

Ti3034 Member

WORX Turbine 600

Lots of power
    Variable speed
    Lightweight
    High quality
    $59

Saves tons of time drying the car as one pass through with the WORX takes 98% of the water off then a quick wipediwn with a Meguiar's 2000 microfiber waffle towel and you are good to go

8. andrewket

andrewket Well-Known Member

I use a leaf blower as well.

9. Buddy

Buddy Member

Just used a timeless car wash for he first time. I really liked how little water you use.

No excess water in the side mirrors, nooks and crannies. No drips minutes after drying.

10. docrice

docrice Member

I've used an electric leafblower for car drying in the past, but currently use the Metro Vacuum SK-1 Sidekick due to garage/driveway space constraints. The filtered/warmer air helps, plus I bought the extension hose for better control. I'd prefer the larger, more powerful units they make, but I wanted something a bit more portable.

I've also used the CR Spotless system (bought from Costco online) but changing the media got sort of tiresome after a while. I think forced-air drying is the better option overall. I find the drying process therapeutic.

11. omarsultan

omarsultan Active Member

Only if its dedicated to car washing

12. omarsultan

omarsultan Active Member

13. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure This All Out

I keep reading this post as

14. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Supporting Member

I love my EGo 56v Turbo cordless electric blower. Powerful, yet doesn't wake the neighbors!