Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White Paint Bumper mismatch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My uncle just took delivery his white m3 in San Diego. Nothing obvious to me.

Attachments

• 2DAE403E-C624-4718-8B4C-D25B0805B598.jpeg
    2DAE403E-C624-4718-8B4C-D25B0805B598.jpeg
    544.6 KB · Views: 163
Good to hear , I saw 2 last week and they matched pretty good, didn’t see the VIN but pre April, Everyone I say was darker , the service center guy I talked to said he was on the team that was task with fixing that issue , so maybe they actually got it done.

Yeah i did, but debating if i want to leave it alone or work with service center to get one of the prepainted replacements, i dont like repaint , it may lift the paint when you pull off the clear bra on repainted surfaces

Agreed I would only want a factory painted replacement.

It seems to match pretty well at the middle of the bumper and wheel arch areas. It’s noticeable under the tail lights.

I’m really not sure how much better or how close they can’t get. Since I just think it’s due to the hard line where the bumper meets the body under the tails. Since it’s not smooth curve the pearl just reflects the light differently.

It’s definitely better than most of the early cars I have seen though.

I will take a look tomorrow, by the time i left it was already getting dark and in the shaded area which might make it look more off. I agree , part of it is the hard edge and change of angle in that coner under the taillight and the flop of a pearl type of paint. For me both the front and rear is slightly more yellow than the metal parts. I dont think it gets better than this, and until it does, ill stick with what i have

The hue on a plastic bumper is always going to be slightly different than on metal when you have a highly reflective color like white. Light scatters differently. It really depends on where the light source vs the observer. I have sometimes thought the color didn’t match perfectly, but then moved the light source and changed my mind. Cameras seem to accentuate this issue.