Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White paint regrets?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our mutli-coat Pearl White Paint 2015 P85D hides light dirt & hard water stains really well. Best combination function & appearance color by far IMHO especially in sunny SoCal.

I previously had silver cars which were great at hiding dust and dirt... but pretty boring. My silver 2006 Corvette Z06 seemed to be invisible to other drivers. Constantly had to be driving defensively since they didn't see it, probably a combo of its super low profile and silver color.

Other auto paint color which did great hiding dirt was a multi-coat light metal flake black 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland.

Worst car was a standard black 1999 Corvette. Never looked great even after professional detailing... and constantly looked dirty / dusty. PITA. Will never own a standard black paint vehicle again.

Attachments

• IMG_3285.JPG
    IMG_3285.JPG
    344.5 KB · Views: 197
Do any Tesla owners that chose white regret their decision in wintery Canada? I've never owned a white car, but some friends are trying to convince me away from white because it shows dirt so easily. I'm in Vancouver.
Pearl White was my 2nd choice (it is beautiful on the MS), but in the end I decided against it not for any "does-it-show-dirt" reason, but simply because it seems here in Vancouver there are soooo many white cars on the streets, of any brand. I think if you did a count on any street you'd find a very high percentage of white (and black, or silver and grey). Not so many white Model S specifically, but just too common a car colour IMO, at least around here. Although if you're talking Model X, then some days around here it you'd think they only make them in white... just my observation

• Funny
Reactions: Lon12
“Silver is boring”? :mad:
Tough crowd. I promise my next one will be a different color!
My only issue with silver is that the rock chips show up with a darker color so they are very noticeable. From what I’ve seen the multi-coat pearl seems to handle the rock chips the best.

“Silver is boring”? :mad:
Tough crowd. I promise my next one will be a different color!
My only issue with silver is that the rock chips show up with a darker color so they are very noticeable. From what I’ve seen the multi-coat pearl seems to handle the rock chips the best.

You know, the colour issue could be mitigated by choosing a colour that resells well (so, monochromatics - silver, black, white) and then doing a wrap over it - at least the car is then a bit better protected from chipping. I've never priced it out, but if you've not purchased yet it might be a good solution to investigate. Best part of it is if you don't like the colour, you can always change it up.

I've owned so many white cars over the years. I find white generally looks the least dirty of most paint colours. It always ends up looking like a different shade of white when dirty.

Of course if you drive through mud, all paint colours will look equally as dirty. But for daily dirt and grime, even in winter, my white cars fared very well.

I'd say black is the worst colour for keeping clean since every type of dirt shows up on it.