Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who added FSD with their order?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Current Model 3 owner and I absolutely love AutoPilot, it serves 90% of my needs.

While I would like FSD, I personally don’t believe it’s worth $7K with its current features and I don’t think it will make the greatest strides in 2 years since city driving is going to be a nightmare due to city streets/lights/signs not having the same strict guidelines (and simplicity) as a highway (with painted lines/etc).

Did people order with FSD or not? The fear that the price could go up is making me consider adding it, but I know I can always add it at a later date (after owning the vehicle) if I feel it’s worth it.

Just asking for advice on those who have preordered and where they see FSD in a couple years.

I pre-ordered the two motor Cybertruck and, no, I couldn't pass on FSD. Because in two years, even if it's not approved by regulators, FSD will have improved by leaps and bounds. Whether it's worth it will be calculated differently depending upon your expected use scenarios and financial situation.

If FSD is approved by then you would be kicking yourself for *not* getting it.

Had to add it. On the off chance they have a major breakthrough and FSD is good enough for a robotaxi fleet then the price of FSD will be much higher. At the very least your price is locked in now, but if they haven’t done much with it in two years then just cancel it in configuration

Had to add it. On the off chance they have a major breakthrough and FSD is good enough for a robotaxi fleet then the price of FSD will be much higher. At the very least your price is locked in now, but if they haven’t done much with it in two years then just cancel it in configuration

My thoughts exactly. I have it ordered for the chance it becomes available in the next few years.

This will also be my first Tesla, so how could I pass up the opportunity on a robo chauffeur?

Reactions: LJS22
Yeah I ordered it. And I am someone who is very much in the camp of "DONT ORDER IT" with any current vehicle. My 3 has enhanced auto pilot which i think has the perfect feature set. But considering it is a no-obligation reservation option with what is says is a price lock for today, I went ahead and checked the box. Pretty sure it is something you can "un check" later when configuration options are available anyway. Even if not, what is included will be much more than today.

Shouldn’t make any difference. A customer service rep at Tesla told me your $100 basically holds you a slot and based your on final config that pre order gives you a allocation of a unit. So basically you can add or remove any of the options you have or have not picked and once you do that and configure your vehicle you will get set a allocation number.

as an example you may have picked the 3 motor version but you decide to down grade to a 2 motor then your delivery may get moved forward or backwards. I have preordered a 3 motor and a single just in case.

Is it though? I don't think anything is locked down until you actually configure.

..."any pre-order price provided to you in advance of the Final Price Sheet is only being offered to you as an
estimate and is subject to change..."
This from the CT order page. I know in the past they did bump up the price, and went back and made refunds for the amount overcharged.

Attachments

• D769C4AE-3AC2-45E3-8F3C-68D61676528E.jpeg
    D769C4AE-3AC2-45E3-8F3C-68D61676528E.jpeg
    68.7 KB · Views: 86