Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who has lost regen with winter tires?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
120-60 is like a gasser, the regen is there; just less aggressive. Probably a good thing on the icy highways :).

I'm finding it totally back at all speeds, including low speeds - most obvious at stop signs or coming up being traffic at lights - with regen I can pretty much come to a stop without touching the brakes until I actually want to be stationary and hold it there (I have creep on). During the issues this was not possible, at all.

Seems my days of timely updates have come to an end! :(
At least I'm not the only one :) Took me quite a while to get the last update. I didn't get 49.12.

Part of me thinks it has something to do with passing the Oakville SC 2x/day when working. When 49.12 came out I was off work for the holidays, thus not driving much at all. A few days after I started work/driving again I got the update for 2019.50

Got 50 yesterday on LTE. I think it’s better but not close to the way it was. Lifting at 120 on an off ramp today about 5 car lengths behind another car. Still needed the brakes to not drive into the guy. The deceleration was slow. Kicks in more aggressively at lower speeds though.

At least I'm not the only one :) Took me quite a while to get the last update. I didn't get 49.12.

Part of me thinks it has something to do with passing the Oakville SC 2x/day when working. When 49.12 came out I was off work for the holidays, thus not driving much at all. A few days after I started work/driving again I got the update for 2019.50

I didn't get 49.x automatically either. Mississauga SvC pushed it to me. My car was parked for a week and on wifi the whole time, still no sign of 2018.50. I'd rather have Regen fixed than NoA.

Set to standard and no dots. I started the thread. I know what to look for. Interestingly I find at 80 and below it’s pretty much normal where prior to version 50 it would go to zero regen at 80 down to 60 and then kick back in so that’s an improvement for sure.

So I have may have 2018.50 or 50.5 pending. I wish there was release notes you can see before updating, why does it have to be a surprise Tesla!
There’s talk on another thread that 2018.50 is causing the headlights to flicker on start. I may hold off since with the AWD the Regen issue hasn’t been too bad for me. I may have gotten use to the lack of Regen I guess.

Last edited:
So I have may have 2018.50 or 50.5 pending. I wish there was release notes you can see before updating, why does it have to be a surprise Tesla!
There’s talk on another thread that 2018.50 is causing the headlights to flicker on start. I may hold off since with the AWD the Regen issue hasn’t been too bad for me. I may have gotten use to the lack of Regen I guess.

I’m on 50. First, more stable release since the “cold weather” update. Headlights/Highbeams work fine for me.

I saw them flicker once at startup for a couple seconds BEFORE the update.