Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who has lost regen with winter tires?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I posted it a few pages ago. This link should take you there...I still haven't had a chance to re measure, but newer software has definitely improved it. I'm actually installing another software update right now.....

Who has lost regen with winter tires?
I just got 2018.50.6 this morning from Service center. Need to do more test later today to be sure, but it seems like regen is improved.

Is 2018.50.x not rolling to most of you in Canada? I got 2018.50 a while back, and just got 2018.50.6. Regen is back to normal with both versions.
I can confirmed after running with 2018.50.6 the whole weekend, up and down santa cruz mountain in both cold morning and warm afternoon, Regen is back to Normal!

Lucky i only had to run on LOW/Limited regen for a week.
Overview:
Installed new tires 1/18/19, immediately noticed reduced regen >40mph
was running 2018.48.12.1
M3 LR RWD Aero with Vredestein Quatrac 5 GTAS.
Service center had no clue and determined nothing wrong happening.
SC pushed firmware update 1/25/19. Problem solved.

Thank Tesla for firmware updates!

I can confirmed after running with 2018.50.6 the whole weekend, up and down santa cruz mountain in both cold morning and warm afternoon, Regen is back to Normal!

Lucky i only had to run on LOW/Limited regen for a week.
Overview:
Installed new tires 1/18/19, immediately noticed reduced regen >40mph
was running 2018.48.12.1
M3 LR RWD Aero with Vredestein Quatrac 5 GTAS.
Service center had no clue and determined nothing wrong happening.
SC pushed firmware update 1/25/19. Problem solved.

Thank Tesla for firmware updates!
Look at what I found on the User Manual:
36204D13-5CC8-4972-B10B-DFD1F8CC4C2D.jpeg

Good luck getting your hands on some. They tend to sell out early in the season in most places.

Kal Tire in Ottawa has 23 sets, so we're good!

Not going to wait until the fall now? I know your in Quebec but springs coming!

Yes I know, the reason why I'm so late is because my car will actually be delivered today. I could wait until next year but with pot hole season starting (it will get worst) I don't want to risk the 19". So I'll get 18" tire/wheels put on and change rim later in the spring.

I think it's a wise choice, but it will cost me a little bit more.

Reactions: 03DSG
Don't see why you would be having an issue. I had XI3s on my S85 with aftermarket rims last year and had no issues with regen, other than the normal cold weather issues with limited regen when the vehicle is cold until the battery pack is sufficiently heated. THe same thing applied to the Hakka's that I used for the previous 4 winters.