Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who has received a call/email?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I reserved April 1 2016, configured June 28 2018, Raleigh NC area, not sure when button disappeared, RWD black w/ everything standard @ $49K, received email yesterday confirming delivery out of Raleigh office, payment and no trade-in, email came from Las Vegas, VIN number was in the subject header, and delivery was “soon”. I quickly confirmed and ask if it’s too late to change to metallic black as well as an estimate of delivery so I can get my electrical completed prior. Two questions:
1. Do we know which VIN numbers are the cars that were declined at delivery and are looking for a home?
2, And is there any confirmed known quality issue with the standard black paint (vs speculation)? Fortunately, I prefer black. But not if it’s soft or some other quality issue compared to metallic black.
**My guy is working hard on a Sunday- he just emailed & told me that I will take delivery in Raleigh on July 23! Nice

Reactions: favo and vzaitsev
I may be way off, but something tells me that Tesla was sitting on a bunch of cars that they had manufactured in the second quarter, but aren't delivering until third quarter. They're matching up inventory to orders. It also appears to me that it means a lot of people are waiting for AWD and/or Performance, and Tesla has a bunch of RWD ready to go. Just a hunch, but it makes sense to me.

3/4/18 - Placed my reservation on the Tesla website, made the Reservation Payment by credit card then received my Reservation Number.

6/28/18 - Received an email from Tesla (late in the day) stating my Model 3 is ready to order (traveling today so I delayed ordering a day)

6/29/18 - On the Tesla website, I placed my order (Model 3, Pearl White, LR, RWD, 19” Sport Wheels, Premium Interior) and made the Order Payment by credit card. Later in the day, I received an email from Tesla stating “Your Order is Confirmed” and my Reservation Agreement was attached to that email. I then finalized my profile and delivery info on the Tesla website. The website showed my car delivery window is Sept 18 - Nov 18 (I assume 2018?? HaHa)

6/30/18 - Checked the website and found, then downloaded, my “Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement” (5 page pdf) from the website.

The wait continues (but I'm much closer to T Day)!
So I have my motor vehicle purchase agreement - Am I supposed to execute it and fax it or something?

No VIN yet. Now I think the "edit" button has nothing to do with it no matter what. As long as I get my car before the tax credit runs out I'll be happy.

Confirmed by personal experience, Missing Edit Botton = VIN within 3 days!
Background: Cash purchase, no trade, all green check marks. Toggling Trade enables "Edit Design" I then toggle back to no trade so as to not cause an unintended delay in the process.

Sunday night, toggle trade status, no edit button. Immediately get a text message to complete a self-evaluation to receive a trade-in offer. toggle it back to no trade.

Today (Wednesday morning) get an email from a new ISA seeking confirmation of delivery location and who is picking up the vehicle. I immediately respond confirming information. Early afternoon I get second email with VIN and price sheet including all taxes and registration fees.

So if you were to ask me, YES, no edit button when toggling trade = VIN assignment imminent.

BTW I'm in that unique State of Texas so your experience may vary.

Confirmed by personal experience, Missing Edit Botton = VIN within 3 days!
Background: Cash purchase, no trade, all green check marks. Toggling Trade enables "Edit Design" I then toggle back to no trade so as to not cause an unintended delay in the process.

Sunday night, toggle trade status, no edit button. Immediately get a text message to complete a self-evaluation to receive a trade-in offer. toggle it back to no trade.

Today (Wednesday morning) get an email from a new ISA seeking confirmation of delivery location and who is picking up the vehicle. I immediately respond confirming information. Early afternoon I get second email with VIN and price sheet including all taxes and registration fees.

So if you were to ask me, YES, no edit button when toggling trade = VIN assignment imminent.

BTW I'm in that unique State of Texas so your experience may vary.

Yup, roughly same experience and timeline - Sunday edit bye bye, Wed 5:45pm ISA email , but in CA (15 min away from the Fremont factory). Btw, patoirish got his/her VIN a week ago I think.

I may be way off, but something tells me that Tesla was sitting on a bunch of cars that they had manufactured in the second quarter, but aren't delivering until third quarter. They're matching up inventory to orders. It also appears to me that it means a lot of people are waiting for AWD and/or Performance, and Tesla has a bunch of RWD ready to go. Just a hunch, but it makes sense to me.

It's an unknown and closely held secret, and I don't even think Tesla knows - is the number who want the STD battery, 35k car.
This means it's hard for Tesla to judge the demand for the base-model without contacting all reservation holders. Since anyone can order/configure right now and have a car from the pool in a few weeks, how many of the reservation holders are still holding out for 35k?

I suspect you are correct!

My order was for Silver, RWD, Premium Interior, standard stuff, and they called the following day.....no trade in, so proves Cash is King! I will confirm here when things “solidify”. Not wild about the Texas prepay requirement, but I have bought trucks and 5th wheel trailers out of state in the past without issues. I am just always ready to reject / walk away if something is not right!

Reserved: 4/1/2016
Region: TX, USA
Config: 6/30/2018
LR, RWD
Red
18'' aeros

No contact Yet and No email

Have you received your car yet? I reserved on 3/10, ordered an AWD, white seats, white paint on 7/27. On 8/8, I received a call from Tesla letting me know they received my order and are working on the contract. My delivery still shows Sept-Nov.

We ordered just two weeks ago and got a voice mail about delivery after only 12 days. They originally said 2-4 months so we were surprised. Called them back on Friday but have not heard back yet about delivery date or VIN.

Wow, that’s awesome JayJ! Do you mind sharing your order details and reservation date (if you did reserve). Also are you a previous owner or is this your first Tesla?