Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who has received a call/email?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
are they answering calls for Model 3 ? I need to talk with them I want to ask them if VIN has been assigned. I couldnt customize and order on 6/28 and so i did it on 6/30

They are. They may be busy so the automated system may tell you to call back later. First thing I would check is to see if you are still able to edit your configuration on the Tesla site. If the edit button is gone, the chances are likely you have a VIN assigned.

in case this helps a person or two:

Just a follow up to this, I had assumed that my VIN was not yet available as I can not see it directly on my account dashboard, and as the ISA had mentioned I would get it about a week before delivery (delivery happening on 7/17).

I was just clicking around now, and opened the "Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement" (had not clicked on this before as I thought it was just a generic link), and just realized this was the actual detailed invoice, including the VIN.

VIN is 33xxx

• Informative
Reactions: preilly44
I can still edit it. May be VIN number hasn't been generated to me
in case this helps a person or two:

Just a follow up to this, I had assumed that my VIN was not yet available as I can not see it directly on my account dashboard, and as the ISA had mentioned I would get it about a week before delivery (delivery happening on 7/17).

I was just clicking around now, and opened the "Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement" (had not clicked on this before as I thought it was just a generic link), and just realized this was the actual detailed invoice, including the VIN.

VIN is 33xxx
Where is this purchase agreement link? Can’t find it on my account.

Reserved: 12/25/16
Invitation: Never Received
Region: Houston, TX
Configured: 6/27/18 11:38 PM CDT LR, RWD, Deep Blue Metallic, Aero Wheels, PUP, EAP, received confirming email with Reservation Agreement, that's messed up I have one of those from 12/16. Projected Delivery Sept -Nov '18

Waffled on Color 7/1/18 but could not edit, called sales & was told VIN was assigned (good news) could not change color (bad news).
More calls 7/2/18 7 AM PDT (hint call sales, get in the car sales phone queue, but press 9 instead of 3 to avoid the overloaded model 3 queue that is not usually answered) Got an email address for my assigned ISA. Many emails then follow to ISA asking for a call.

Email contacted from ISA 7/3/18 indicating she had changed color to Pearl White (good news); second email from Tesla indicates order has been modified, confirming color and contains an Order Agreement. Account now shows Oct - Dec '18 (bad news).

Now I wait to see if my color change causes me to miss free enhanced connectivity (which I'll fight for) and the full tax credit 9which is out of my hands.

Are we sure the "edit configuration" has anything to do with getting a VIN and or something being imminent? I don't think we have seen a correlation just yet but if someone else has some solid proof let me know.
It appears as if all your paperwork has been uploaded and you indicate that you won't be trading in a car, the "Edit Design" goes away.

That said, I had called sales on 7/1 because I wanted to change color but could not edit after all my documentation had been submitted. The change in "Trade-In" status did nothing. Was told, "it was locked because VIN had been assigned the day before". I however had no confirming email of that occurring. After many more calls and emails my car color was changed but I appear to lost my place in line as delivery has been pushed back a month and I can now "Edit Design".

I called Tesla today to find out if I had a VIN assigned and was told that there was no VIN assigned yet. I asked about the Edit option and the rep told me that if I changed the Trade-in option to ‘yes’ then the edit option will come back....and surely it did.

So my conclusion is that if you change your trade in option to yes and your Edit button comes back then you can safely assume that you have no VIN assigned yet.

However if despite changing the trade-in option to yes, you still don’t see an EDIT button, then most likely you have a VIN assigned!

Reserved: 03/31/2016
Region: TN, USA

Configuration invite: 4/6/2018
Configured: 06/25/2018
LR, RWD
Midnight Metallic Silver
19'' sport
premium interior, black
EAP

Confirmation email received: 6/25/2018
Contacted by phone: 6/26/2018
VIN (241XX) received: 6/26/2018
Delivery scheduled for 7/7/2018

Of those of us who configured just this past week when they opened it up to everyone, I'm curious who is getting the call/email for delivery. Please provide date you reserved, date configured, region, when your edit button disappeared, and your configuration. I'm curious if anyone who reserved this year has recieved it yet..
Now I’m confused. Paid my 1000. Paid my 2500 when I configured. I have received nothing from Tesla except confirmation.

Was I supposed to receive something else from Tesla or do I just sit back?

Line waiter March 31 -- made two reservations. Received configuation notice in mid-Aril and received first car on April 25, but dilly-dallied about rez #2. Pulled the trigger and configured #2 last Friday pm. Received e-mail yesterday to pickup next week.

Blue, LR, 19" sport wheels, no Autopilot. No VIN yet.

Just changed-in option - no EDIT button still. But it does take my trade-in status back to "pending". I'm scared to leave it like that so I'm leaving it as on trade in...

If your trade-in option is currently set to “yes” and you still don’t see the edit button then most likely you have a VIN assigned!
You can call Tesla to confirm that.

Which city/state are you in?

Reserved: 12/25/16
Invitation: Never Received
Region: Houston, TX
Configured: 6/27/18 11:38 PM CDT LR, RWD, Deep Blue Metallic, Aero Wheels, PUP, EAP, received confirming email with Reservation Agreement, that's messed up I have one of those from 12/16. Projected Delivery Sept -Nov '18

Waffled on Color 7/1/18 but could not edit, called sales & was told VIN was assigned (good news) could not change color (bad news).
More calls 7/2/18 7 AM PDT (hint call sales, get in the car sales phone queue, but press 9 instead of 3 to avoid the overloaded model 3 queue that is not usually answered) Got an email address for my assigned ISA. Many emails then follow to ISA asking for a call.

Email contacted from ISA 7/3/18 indicating she had changed color to Pearl White (good news); second email from Tesla indicates order has been modified, confirming color and contains an Order Agreement. Account now shows Oct - Dec '18 (bad news).

Now I wait to see if my color change causes me to miss free enhanced connectivity (which I'll fight for) and the full tax credit 9which is out of my hands.
You can click on the Order Agreement link under Documents and see the date your order was placed. I believe that date changes whenever you make a configuration change. I completed my order on 6/28 with AWD and then changed to RWD on 6/29. My order agreement was regenerated with 6/29 as the date my order was placed.

You can click on the Order Agreement link under Documents and see the date your order was placed. I believe that date changes whenever you make a configuration change. I completed my order on 6/28 with AWD and then changed to RWD on 6/29. My order agreement was regenerated with 6/29 as the date my order was placed.
Never got an order agreement with I first configured, as iIhad indicated, Tesla sent a reservation agreement instead even though I had paid the additional $2500 and my configuration was completed. I got the Order Agreement (by email and on my account page) only after my ISA changed the car's color. That color change lost the VIN assignment (understandably) but also changed my configuration date.