Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who is going to be "that guy" camping out on March 30th?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've just checked with the Charlotte-Matthews store. The rep I spoke with ([male] didn't provide his name) indicated that it's on as expected; he said that there was no reason to think that the Charlotte-Matthews store would not be accepting reservations.

I'll check frequently over the upcoming weeks and update here and on Facebook if I hear any news about Charlotte-Matthews not accepting reservations.[/

Good news, thanks for the update! Saves a road trip to Raleigh and keeps the line shorter in both cities.

Well I was planning to go early morning to the Montreal store, but now a couple of posts in here have me worried that I should be going the evening before. :)
Oh you most definitely want to be there the evening before, and from the sound of it so far that will only put you "near" the front of the line. The Montreal staff has reportedly claimed that they are expecting the overnighters to number into the hundreds, and I personally know of at least one guy that's willing to go up to 4 days ahead to be first. It's going to be quite the scene. I'll be joining late afternoon on the 30th. Should be more news as it happens for Montreal here .

It kinda feels like the ones that don’t need the help are the ones that are getting the credits and rebates. Those that would buy the car anyway, maybe a few less ludicrous options sold.

I think they just put a 250k a year limit on the CA $2500 rebate and I’ve seen a few bemoaning that. I think the limit should be like 150k for the state and federal.

After I itemize my taxes I only owe like $3000-$4000 so that is the most I could get from the federal. Better than nothing but the pricing on the Tesla site with full credits, rebates and lots of gas taken out is a little misleading.

This conversation got seriously derailed.

Well, I'll just add my $0.029 (just like gas stations, adding that extra $0.009 :wink:).

The US Government SHOULD make the $7,500 Federal Tax Credit an instant rebate off the initial purchase price instead of this Tax Credit business.

Make it clear, make it simple, give the full benefit to everyone that buys a new EV (up to the first 1,000,000 per company :wink:). If the customer is paying the full price to put the vehicle on the road, the US Government should pay out the full $7,500 to each customer, PERIOD.

Our local store is doing zero scheduled test drives on the 31st - it will be 'first come first serve' all day long. Our local club (Squarespace - Claim This Domain) will be helping out with line management, parking direction, etc. so that the staff is fully freed up to take care of customers & reservations throughout the day.

I will see you on the 31st, not camping but should arrive before 10AM. BTW, You were right- no spreadsheets or analysis BS, I just said to the wife, I really want the car. She also had a nice 10-15 minute conversation with an existing Model S owner in a parking lot at a local retailer which warmed her up to the idea more then I could. I hope I can get her to come on the 31st to meet you. Will reserve Model 3 and maybe buy S before then

I will see you on the 31st, not camping but should arrive before 10AM. BTW, You were right- no spreadsheets or analysis BS, I just said to the wife, I really want the car. She also had a nice 10-15 minute conversation with an existing Model S owner in a parking lot at a local retailer which warmed her up to the idea more then I could. I hope I can get her to come on the 31st to meet you. Will reserve Model 3 and maybe buy S before then

Unfortunately I won't be there - lodenthal and omar sultan will be running the show with club volunteers. I'm flying down to LA that afternoon.

Next time you're with your wife in the Roseville/Rocklin/Loomis area let me know & maybe we can meet for a cup of coffee.

I won't be going to put a down payment on a M3 as I already have my eye on a MS. However, I will be there when they open as I want to experience the raw energy given off at such an event. Like going to a big blockbuster movie, I could wait for a week to see it, but standing in line and experiencing the energy and excitement is what it is all about. Those are the memories you keep for a lifetime.

I won't be going to put a down payment on a M3 as I already have my eye on a MS. However, I will be there when they open as I want to experience the raw energy given off at such an event. Like going to a big blockbuster movie, I could wait for a week to see it, but standing in line and experiencing the energy and excitement is what it is all about. Those are the memories you keep for a lifetime.
Think how much more memorable it would be if you reserved one! Okay, even if you cancelled your reservation, but hey, if you want the full experience...

I'll be there early but I won't be camping out. My co-worker wants to go on his lunch hour....I don't think so. Waiting until 10AM is going to drive me NuTs. I like that our store is tucked away, on a one-way street, somewhat hidden by foliage. :D

I mean....I'm used to pre-ordering an iPhone at 3AM. That doesn't phase me at all since I get it the same day it hits the stores.

One thing I will be doing is checking the line to see if Mary Barra is standing there in disguise, trying to discover why so many would give $1000 to Tesla for a car they hadn't yet seen instead of for her precious Bolt whom everyone has seen.

I mean....I'm used to pre-ordering an iPhone at 3AM. That doesn't phase me at all since I get it the same day it hits the stores.
In this case you will get it after all the employees and S/X owners who order (between 31st and the time you get it), get their 3s.

It is like Apple saying, all existing iPhone owners get priority over people coming from Android.

I'll do a drive-by of our local store before I go into the office. It's on a one-way street, neatly tucked away from casual visitors. I had full intentions of being there before the crack of dawn but as we have to wait until 1PM Eastern time, I'll just leave the office for an early and extended lunch break. It's a short hop (about 4 miles).