Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who is waiting on the 2024 changes to order a Plaid?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Boy did Tesla do Model S owners dirty with some of the Model 3 changes in the Highland refresh. The haptics are WAAAAAAY better in the Model 3, - they actually feel like real buttons. And they gave the Model 3 scroll wheels that are actually easy to press left and right, unlike the BS we get in the S.

Oh, and the door button physically moves/depresses. So much better, all round. The refresh Model 3 is really, really nice.

Reactions: CleanDemon
Boy did Tesla do Model S owners dirty with some of the Model 3 changes in the Highland refresh. The haptics are WAAAAAAY better in the Model 3, - they actually feel like real buttons. And they gave the Model 3 scroll wheels that are actually easy to press left and right, unlike the BS we get in the S.

Oh, and the door button physically moves/depresses. So much better, all round. The refresh Model 3 is really, really nice.
Time to dump the Model S and move back into a Highland performance, when released?

Reactions: teko and phantasms
-Blind spot indicators
-Front camera
-Working radar (This is probably on the 23 but not activated yet)
-Park sensors back! I know it won't happen
-Ceramics standard with higher stop speed standard (200+)
-Quieter
-Rear cross traffic alerts
-Auto lane change standard
-Two subwoofers

What I want for the next gen S is:
-New sleeker body design
-Massaging seats
-More power
I think any major changes are years off but never know. But front camera hopefully this year. Better audio for the price would be nice as well.

I really hope they hit the next gen Model S out of the park like they did the first time.

I think any major changes are years off but never know. But front camera hopefully this year. Better audio for the price would be nice as well.

I really hope they hit the next gen Model S out of the park like they did the first time.

Better audio? That is not something I hear people complaining about in the S/X or even the 3 (not the new base 3). I'd love it if they would bring back indexing and search of USB mounted files that they broke in 2019 and wouldn't mind them finally enabling ATMOS.

Reactions: calm-one and dsm363
Better audio? That is not something I hear people complaining about in the S/X or even the 3 (not the new base 3). I'd love it if they would bring back indexing and search of USB mounted files that they broke in 2019 and wouldn't mind them finally enabling ATMOS.
I don't think the audio is bad at all in the S. But there certainly is room for a more premium option at least.

I took delivery of one of the first Plaids, my lease end is coming up and I was just going to get another Plaid, or if my CT reservation comes in before then I’ll just use the CT as my everyday car instead. Seeing here for the first time that a refresh could be coming, that would be ideal. Love the plaid but want them to make the car more comfortable and luxurious. Fix the rattles and shoddy craftsmanship. Strengthen the feel of the materials and clicks and clacks. Smooth out the ride for goodness sake we all know after 12/18 months the suspension wears and the car rides like crap.

My 2.5yr old Plaid rattles like an nyc taxicab, the steering wheel is literally falling apart, the center console hasn’t worked right in 2 years, the rear window keeps staying open randomly as it pleases, on and on. Fix it please. Just give me a comfortable, nice to the touch, fast, bleeding-edge-tech EV sedan with room for 4 adults. I’ll pay 100 110 120 150 170 we will pay for it we all have proven it with every flagship launch! just bring this glorious car to the market already! Current S is so close, just make it comfortable and better quality. That’s my hope, glad to see there might be a refresh to some degree on the way. What data do we have around potential timeline and why?

My 2.5yr old Plaid rattles like an nyc taxicab, the steering wheel is literally falling apart, the center console hasn’t worked right in 2 years, the rear window keeps staying open randomly as it pleases, on and on. Fix it please. Just give me a comfortable, nice to the touch, fast, bleeding-edge-tech EV sedan with room for 4 adults. I’ll pay 100 110 120 150 170 we will pay for it we all have proven it with every flagship launch! just bring this glorious car to the market already! Current S is so close, just make it comfortable and better quality. That’s my hope, glad to see there might be a refresh to some degree on the way. What data do we have around potential timeline and why?

Have you test driven the Lucid? That should at least be good for the time you wait for the next Tesla refresh or CT.

Reactions: phantasms
I took delivery of one of the first Plaids, my lease end is coming up and I was just going to get another Plaid, or if my CT reservation comes in before then I’ll just use the CT as my everyday car instead. Seeing here for the first time that a refresh could be coming, that would be ideal. Love the plaid but want them to make the car more comfortable and luxurious. Fix the rattles and shoddy craftsmanship. Strengthen the feel of the materials and clicks and clacks. Smooth out the ride for goodness sake we all know after 12/18 months the suspension wears and the car rides like crap.

My Taycan Turbo rides like a dream. Pick one up CPO for less than a new Plaid

Reactions: teko and Tiger
My Taycan Turbo rides like a dream. Pick one up CPO for less than a new Plaid

A nationwide search of Taycan Turbo(s) shows one that is $89K certified. There's a few in the 90s but most are over $100K. And we're not even talking the Turbo S which is far more expensive used than any Plaid. And if you don't mind charging inconvenience on long trips and giving up utility, a Taycan Turbo might make you happier given it's superior fit, finish, and materials.....even if it is a second slower to 60 than the Plaid.

Reactions: CleanDemon
Ah.
Only experience I have with the taycant is the refresh model, which is absurdly fast dcfc

This is where my question came from. The optional 150kW dcdc charger. Plenty of results from google search with same confusion.

Last edited: