Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who is waiting on the 2024 changes to order a Plaid?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where did you read this out of curiosity.

and dozens of other publications. It's also word for word what the chat rep on tesla.com told me when I asked them to break out the ratio of EPA testing changes vs their "comfort and functionality" changes. They read from the script and told me exactly what has already been quoted. When I asked them why there wasn't a reduction in MSLR 19", they said they had no information on that.

This has all already been discussed extensively in other threads.

and dozens of other publications. It's also word for word what the chat rep on tesla.com told me when I asked them to break out the ratio of EPA testing changes vs their "comfort and functionality" changes. They read from the script and told me exactly what has already been quoted. When I asked them why there wasn't a reduction in MSLR 19", they said they had no information on that.

This has all already been discussed extensively in other threads.
Thanks. I wasn’t questioning the legitimacy. I just wanted to research further.

• Helpful
Reactions: sorka
What upgrades are you holding out for?

-Blind spot indicators
-Front camera
-Working radar (This is probably on the 23 but not activated yet)
-Park sensors back! I know it won't happen
-Ceramics standard with higher stop speed standard (200+)
-Quieter
-Rear cross traffic alerts
-Auto lane change standard
-Two subwoofers

What I want for the next gen S is:
-New sleeker body design
-Massaging seats
-More power

I was waiting for some decent changes before replacing my early 2022 MSP but just got a 911 allocation, so I will be going that route for the next one. I may miss the speed and the tech, but we plan to keep the MXP for a while, so we will still have access to it when needed.

Reactions: zoomer0056
I was waiting for some decent changes before replacing my early 2022 MSP but just got a 911 allocation, so I will be going that route for the next one. I may miss the speed and the tech, but we plan to keep the MXP for a while, so we will still have access to it when needed.
Is it going to be strange that your family hauler/suv is significantly quicker than your dedicated sports car?

Is it going to be strange that your family hauler/suv is significantly quicker than your dedicated sports car?
Hopefully not...the Plaid speed is great, but it's not something I make use of often. I can make use of better handling, a nicer interior, and the improved overall quality of the 911. If they make some improvements to the S, we may eventually trade the X in for another S since we don't need an SUV and could get away with a larger sedan for the main car.

Reactions: SilverGS and sorka
Hopefully not...the Plaid speed is great, but it's not something I make use of often. I can make use of better handling, a nicer interior, and the improved overall quality of the 911. If they make some improvements to the S, we may eventually trade the X in for another S since we don't need an SUV and could get away with a larger sedan for the main car.

Yup. The Porsche handily beats the Tesla in every one of those for sure.

Reactions: CTDW
Their fastest advertised is the 911 Turbo S with the Sport Chrono package at 2.6. Keep in mind the MXP's 0-60 is 0.2 seconds faster than Tesla's claim proven over and over on the street and dragstrip.
Unlike Tesla, Porsche quotes very conservative numbers (and no roll out shenanigans). Real world tests show the 0-60 in the 2.1s range without rollout.

That's true although Porsche is one of the more consistent. Make no mistake, if it wasn't just about straight line performance, I'd pick the 911 Turbo S as my daily driver over an MXP any day of the week.

Have to say that I drove an Audi S4R as a rental recently and the chassis was so nice, I would take that any day, but performence was meh ;)