Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who's going to TESLIVE from the Seattle Area?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who's going to TESLIVE from the Seattle Area? I am thinking of taking 2-3 days to get down there with nights in RV parks. I am wondering if the combination of ample storage, the glass roof, ability to run the HVAC and an air mattress makes the Model S a great camping car.

Has anyone slept in their Model S on a road trip?

(1)Who's going to TESLIVE from the Seattle Area? I am thinking of taking 2-3 days to get down there with nights in RV parks. I am wondering if the combination of ample storage, the glass roof, ability to run the HVAC and an air mattress makes the Model S a great camping car.

(2) Has anyone slept in their Model S on a road trip?
(1) I think so.
(2) Maximum nap for me has been 3 hours so far.

I will probably go. Not sure which car I will take, that depends on the supercharger announcement. If there aren't superchargers installed by then, we will definitely have to coordinate use of the Roadster HPCs!

I haven't slept in the car yet, but it sure looks workable.

Who's going to TESLIVE from the Seattle Area? I am thinking of taking 2-3 days to get down there with nights in RV parks. I am wondering if the combination of ample storage, the glass roof, ability to run the HVAC and an air mattress makes the Model S a great camping car.

Has anyone slept in their Model S on a road trip?

yes. very comfy with costco dog beds :wink:
I was camping at a Disc golf Tournament not on a road trip

I might be interested in carpooling too; but before figuring out how I'm getting down there, I'd like the hear the Supercharger announcement. If there aren't Superchargers, we may HAVE to carpool or fly to keep from overwhelming the HPCs.

It's actually possible I may have to fly due to my wife's schedule...hoping it won't come to that.

I'm counting on the superchargers to be built out by the end of June per Tesla To Expand Supercharger Network In Northwest, TX, FL, and Northeast .

If that does not happen then we could only go down in one car which has twin chargers so we can use the 70AMP outlets in Centralia, Eugene (I think there is one here?), Yreka and Chico. This would add about 4 hours to the trip and might make it very difficult to dead head.

Yeah, I so want to do this, and would make my home and charger available for those of you on the way through (I'm 12 min away from the Washington Square store), but at the moment it looks like I have a schedule conflict and will be out of town. I really want to do this trip!

Were you plugged in? And did you run the heating system during the night?

wasn't plugged in, It was in Southern Humboldt Hills ( infamous grower territory :cool: )
Temp was about 40 degrees and I used a pretty thin shasta wool blanket which kept me plenty warm when under it. I got out of my car to pee in the middle of the night and left the rear side door cracked while I peed (climate control on auto) and the car warmed up a bit when I got back in.

I wasn't stiff or anything in the morning & stretching out was fine (5'10") + extra room.
lost 39 rated miles over 34 hours + playing music

I would love to come, but it's just not practical to come from the Seattle area without superchargers. And my car has only a single charger. If it was one day's drive, I'd seriously consider it, not less because I'd love to take another road trip. I've previously gone to Whistler, which was about 1/3 this distance.

I wanted to go, but will be using those funds to move my furnace back 6 inches. Someone (aka me) didn't measure the garage properly and now I'm two inches shy of being able to park the car inside. Haven't taken a nap yet, but that's definitely a great idea!!