Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who's waited the longest for a VIN?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok I'll go first... Ordered 07/21, as of today 09/23/20 (64 days later) still no VIN.

Config: Blue/Black/Tow/No-FSD/LR

Can anyone beat that?

You win the longest, but I was right behind you. Ordered 7/25 LR MSM/White/No tow or FSD. Called the Portland Service center on Friday and got told that due to a system error they didn’t know when I’d get a car and “try to call back Friday and hope something works out” (exact words). Pulled the plug on the order and I’ll try again when they get their customer service worked out. Best of luck to you and know you’re not in the waiting black hole alone.

Ordered 7/25. Bay Area. Still no vin

But got a txt yesterday, 3-8 days delivery.

funny thing, I got a txt a few days after I ordered, 1-2 week delivery. So I sold my van! Lucky wife and I can share our Prius bc she’s only working part time.

but seriously Tesla! Maybe make an announcement on ur site, ordering early or late won’t help. It’s base on ur location!

Ordered 7/25. Bay Area. Still no vin

But got a txt yesterday, 3-8 days delivery.

funny thing, I got a txt a few days after I ordered, 1-2 week delivery. So I sold my van! Lucky wife and I can share our Prius bc she’s only working part time.

but seriously Tesla! Maybe make an announcement on ur site, ordering early or late won’t help. It’s base on ur location!

I feel your pain, sold my car a few weeks back as well. Fingers crossed I get my Y before the end of the month but I'm losing hope with each passing day. :(

Ok I'll go first... Ordered 07/21, as of today 09/23/20 (64 days later) still no VIN.

Can anyone beat that?
Curious, When did you finish up all the other items , loan procurement etc ..

Can anyone beat that?
Wow ..Looks like this is the longest 64 days as of now ...

1/28. Glad i delayed delivery, supposed to hear from Tesla in October but still not happy about all the delivery issues. Plus not crazy about taking delivery in the winter, kinda waiting to see how you all do in the winter with your Ys. We'll see.