TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Why isn't there a section for all things software?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by SlicedBr3ad, Jun 10, 2018.

1. SlicedBr3ad

SlicedBr3ad Member

I see driving Dynamics, purchasing, handling, UI but I don't see software section. I mean really?!? The only area of the car s/x/3 that gets updated every two weeks and there is no section for the. Mods?

I see autopilot, UI, maps/GPS, fsd all part of this section. Is anyone listening?

2. thompsob11

thompsob11 Member

There is a section for software: U(ser) I(nterface).

3. SlicedBr3ad

SlicedBr3ad Member

UI is misleading. I wouldn't put general software changes under UI if there is no changes to what user sees. If that's what that section is used for, should just call it what it is, software or firmware.

4. daniel

daniel Active Member

I agree with Brad: UI is only a subset of software. OTOH, I don't know beans about software, although I'm interested in the software subsets of user interface, software-influenced driving dynamics, etc. So when you get them to start a software section, I probably won't have anything to say there. ;)