Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wife Safe. 3 hit from behind.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SabrToothSqrl

Dec 5, 2014
PA
When I got this call I was ready to well, anything to ensure my wife was safe.

Model 3 held it's own. Dash cam USB cuts out just before impact.
ROAV got the video. Does the car have any more video?

Car is in a lot near us, has to go to a body shop where I can only assume a brisk 6 month repair.

Still shook up. We held it together until I got her home. Really puts everything else in perspective.

Some bruising, but no doctors needed. No broken glass, no airbags.

ROAV video shows her at dead stop for at least 15 seconds before you hear tires locked and sliding then impact.

I will never look at a dash cam video of a crash the same way again.
55557323_438045290336977_1110188585761374208_n.jpg 55869217_304742726865903_6965226688162562048_n.jpg

Model 3 held it's own. ....
Still shook up. We held it together until I got her home. Really puts everything else in perspective.
Marked your post as 'love' as glad everyone appears to be OK. I've had an accident in my Tesla with a family member in the car. They were 100% OK.

Car is in a lot near us, has to go to a body shop where I can only assume a brisk 6 month repair.

ROAV video shows her at dead stop for at least 15 seconds before you hear tires locked and sliding then impact.

View attachment 391742 View attachment 391743

Glad your wife was kept safe.

You might want to write a note to Monroe and Associates (the guys who said Tesla should have constructed the trunk out of a single "bathtub" sheet metal stamping vs. all the welded sub-assemblies they pieced together at a higher cost). You can ask him if he thinks the construction of the rear of the car had anything to do with the lack of serious injuries sustained by your wife.:rolleyes:

Really glad she is OK. Hope the other driver is not a real jerk about the damages. You have good evidence.

Glad your wife was kept safe.

You might want to write a note to Monroe and Associates (the guys who said Tesla should have constructed the trunk out of a single "bathtub" sheet metal stamping vs. all the welded sub-assemblies they pieced together at a higher cost). You can ask him if he thinks the construction of the rear of the car had anything to do with the lack of serious injuries sustained by your wife.:rolleyes:
Well it looks like Monroe may have been right, the structure didn’t crumple and transfered too much energy to the passengers. :rolleyes:
Sorry I couldn’t help myself. I’m glad everyone is ok!

Glad wife is OK and sure she will be sore for a few days. I’ve been rear ended twice now (not in our Teslas) and it does shake you up. Thanks for posting photos and telling us. You always wonder how the car does so helpful to see.

I hate hearing the sound of cars screeching to stop and you just listen for that impact. Sorry about her car too. Let us know what the estimate is. Hope the other driver had insurance and sounds like no question it was his fault. Did she get a police report?

What do you think happened to the TeslaCam if it cut out? Hope she didn’t hit Save too soon (let it run at least two minutes to be safe so as not to lose that last minute of recording when the accident happened) or hope she didn’t try to remove it before it could be safely shut down. At this stage while people are getting some benefit from it, I’ve seen enough bad clips on my recordings to know it isn’t necessarily that robust yet. From what I understand your insurance agent or police can request footage from Tesla from the car’s internal accident recording. If you think you’ll need it, I’d call Tesla to ask about it so it can be saved.

Last edited:
Glad to hear that you think you're wife is ok. Long story short-- neighbor in Mercedes is rear ended. Car goes to Mercedes he gets a loaner. on their way home he calls and tells story and on their way home. I asked which hospital they went to, oh we are fine and going home. I insist they go to the hospital and have x-ray and scan of neck,the day after is the worse in a rear end. He and his wife relent and go. He calls again-- being admitted to the hospital for cracked upper neck area, Dr. told him lucky he went to the hospital in that movement of neck at home could have caused paralysis neck down. Two weeks in the hospital. I do hope your wife is ok, but she needs to insure nothing messed up in her neck or back, besides Insurance is going to ask "did you go the hospital and get checked out" if not why?

Reactions: T-Will and Dmagyar

1st, glad your wife is doing good
2nd, another rear hit where it looks like the Model 3 held up very well
3rd, I didn’t know people let their wives drive their Model 3s. This is a concept I’m going to have to ponder further