Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will legacy ever see V12?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New to this forum. I was totally disheartened when I found out that the update I received for my 2020S just a few weeks ago (2024.2.7) meant I could not get FSD V12. Very disappointing. I've heard speculation that this was done because my vehicle doesn't have an internal camera and Tesla is concerned about their ability to monitor drivers. Is there any further information on this? I find FSD 11 very erratic but I'm on no position to buy a new car. As usual, Tesla is saying nothing on the matter.

• Informative
Reactions: Kohan
Haven’t had a chance to test it yet but I wonder how the nag frequency is on our legacy cars with no nanny cam. I was seeing in the YouTube videos that it was nagging a lot less for those with cameras.
Same amount of nags for me. But its fine. Personally I'd rather have nags than a nanny cam.
On a side note, V12 handles rural/small town Ohio significantly better than V11. I'm a very happy camper right now.

Upvote 0
Got it last night, installed fine this morning. Went out on a 20 mile loop and it is buttery smooth. A bit hard on accel and braking, but otherwise miles better than beta. Going on a 3k mile roadtrip next week, so very timely! I hope phantom braking on freeways is a thing of the past.

MS Aug 2017 build. AP3 (upgraded)

Upvote 0
Got it last night, installed fine this morning. Went out on a 20 mile loop and it is buttery smooth. A bit hard on accel and braking, but otherwise miles better than beta. Going on a 3k mile roadtrip next week, so very timely! I hope phantom braking on freeways is a thing of the past.

MS Aug 2017 build. AP3 (upgraded)
Supposedly highway is using the same old stack.

Mine installed this morning fine too. Definitely smoother on city streets than it used to be but it still seems to use brakes more than regen.

Upvote 0