Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Model S be the most expensive car you have ever owned?

Will Model S be the most expensive car you have owned?

• Yes

Votes: 198 83.2%
  • No

Votes: 40 16.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Going with 4-wheeled vehicles where I was the primary driver, went from <20k Subaru Impreza to <40k Saab 9-2x Aero to Model S Sig Perf... so about 2.5x step up from current daily driver.

So if this was a poll with tiers of financial pain, I'd be either selecting "Hell Yeah!" or "F*** Yeah!" from the survey choices.

By a mile...

I think I've owned 20 cars in 30+ years. The cheapest was $125. (Chevy Vega - High School). I think the most expensive was just over $35K.

I love this! My older brother had a Vega as his first car. My first was a Toyota Corolla.

I haven't yet reserved "my" Model S, but what I have spec'd would run about 2X my most expensive car paid out of pocket. I don't finance cars anymore, but this one has me thinking twice about that, particularly with such low interest rates (near free money), and increasing inflation.

My current car, a 1998 Honda CR-V, cost new around $75,000, due to taxes. I bought it from my parents in 2008 for $15 ,000. (At less than the value of the car, I might add.)

My Model X is likely to cost around $110,000.

Basically, yes the Model X will definitely be the most expensive car I've ever bought, and even the most expensive car anyone in my close family has bought, but not by as wide a margin as one might think. A new car that's halfway good (Audi, BMW, Mercedes, etc) starts at around $65,000 and goes up to around $225,000 for something like a Audi Q7. I remember when my brother bought a Honda Civic 3-4 years ago, he had to pay around $55,000. That included a 140 hp motor and satnav, etc.