TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

will MX change lanes when auto steer is on?

Discussion in 'Model X: Driving Dynamics' started by mchen123, Feb 22, 2017.

1. mchen123

mchen123 Member

youtube video says car will.change lane when its on auto steer and lane change signal is pressed. but i,ve tried several times on my MX and it does not work. anybody have any experiences with that?

2. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Do you have an EAP car? If so, I do not think that feature is enabled yet. It should be enabled on AP cars.

3. EV-lutioin

EV-lutioin Active Member

Should work with AP1 (at least is always has for me). From the reports, I would be surprised if it is enabled in AP2.

4. gchill

gchill New Member

I have MX AP2 17.5.28 and had an opportunity to try changing lanes under AP but it didn't work. Can't wait to use AP2 like lucky AP1 owners.

5. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 90D 2017.42

Do you have Auto Lane Change enabled in Settings? It is a separate option, located to the right of the Autosteer settings.

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  6. Saxman

Saxman Member

My understanding is that feature will work on AP2 X'S when EAP is enabled.

7. Yinn

Yinn Member

Follow what Mirrson stated.

I'm not sure if it's fully active on AP2 yet, but I can confirm AP1 works. Once it's enabled, you're in autosteer, you just need to fully hit the indicator. I've noticed that it will need to register the lane (blue lines along the lane) to know that it can change. I tried it on an unmarked road and it doesn't respond, which I think is a good thing.

8. mchen123

mchen123 Member

interesting. i dont have anything to the right of the autosteer.

9. Yinn

Yinn Member

I don't have my car right now, but that is odd. I remember it being in the same screen, top right corner. What do you have there? What software & hardware version are you on?

10. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

If Tesla hasn't enabled the feature on AP2 cars yet, they presumably won't have the option on the center console screen either.

• Like x 1
  11. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 90D 2017.42

#11 MorrisonHiker, Feb 24, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    As others have mentioned, the feature is only on HW1 cars so far. I have a loaner and it has the option for Auto Lane Change in the top right corner of the Driver Assistance settings. I should have my HW2 car back soon and I'm sure it doesn't have that option because it hasn't been enabled for that hardware yet. The loaner has 17.6.15 but I'm sure the option has been there a year or more for HW1 cars.

12. mchen123

mchen123 Member

version is 17.5.28. i guess it hasnt been enabled on mine.

13. Saxman

Saxman Member

Just saw on Tesla Forum some are reporting new update to 17.7.2 which now includes Auto Park.

Anyone here got this update.

I still have 17.5.28 and am anxious for latest.

14. gchill

gchill New Member

Just got back from a short trip on 17.7.2. Going out, I had the option to activate AP on a 2 lane local road but only when going less than 35 mph. It worked OK but going around tight bends is not too good yet. On return trip, the option to activate AP wasn't available. It said that AP was not activated anymore. Not sure why.

The new version is suppose to allow parallel parking only. Didn't have opportunity to try yet.

15. travwill

travwill Active Member

Yes to add you have to have the option turned on separately to work. Note, when you do and a lane change is available you'll be able to tell on the display. Instead of just drawing the 2 lanes around you that you are locked on to (the blue lines), it'll also draw lanes available out to the left, right, or both and thinner grey/dark lines in addition.

• Like x 1
  16. BigMskiman

BigMskiman Member

Regarding 17.7.2
    "option for Auto Lane Change in the top right corner of the Driver Assistance settings" does not exist yet. Features for summons and perpendicular auto-park not yet either.

|v8.0(17.7.2)| AP2-HW2 | PUP |

17. mchen123

mchen123 Member

yes. i got mine updated yesterday.