Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Reservation for 3 be Transferable to Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Based on others' past experiences with the S and X, is there a good likelihood the reservation deposit for the 3 would be transferable to the Y or another future model? I'm in the third stage of grief (acceptance) that the 3 has a conventional trunk and not a liftback, and may go through with a purchase, but if "Part 2" is showing the Model Y, I may want to get that instead. Thanks in advance.

You can certainly transfer to any other other car, but I wonder if the Model 3 reservation would give you any advantage against someone making a reservation for a Model Y at the same time as you will make your transfer from Model 3 to Model Y.

Does this answer your concern?

You can certainly transfer to any other other car, but I wonder if the Model 3 reservation would give you any advantage against someone making a reservation for a Model Y at the same time as you will make your transfer from Model 3 to Model Y.

Does this answer your concern?

Somewhat. Don't get me wrong, I really like the 3, but I have to admit disappointment that it's not a liftback. I'm thinking the Y, assuming it's still within my budget, might be a better overall choice for me. Guess we'll have to wait & see.