Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winter Floor Mat Options?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SHOULD BE END OF THREAD!

Please note Tesla site now offers all weather mats. Looks like private label weather tech. I ordered mine today, will post re quality, but if up to weathertech standard, that's probably end of debate.

And, now I have them... it is end of debate. They look great, fit perfect. Pix below, one prior to installation, one after. I didn't bother with passenger and rear because driver mat is indicative.

photo-15.JPG
photo-16.JPG

Last edited:
My only complaint with the tesla mats vs the others I've had is that they feel more like thick plastic than rubber. Otherwise, good fit, they go higher up the walls of the floor and I've already had a chance to muddy them up.

FYI, just received notice from weather tech that their product is available. Looked at it online, and it is clearly same mat tesla is selling with weathertech vs. tesla name on it. So, as most of us suspected, Tesla OEM'd from weather tech.

- - - Updated - - -

FYI, just received notice from weather tech that their product is available. Looked at it online, and it is clearly same mat tesla is selling with weathertech vs. tesla name on it. So, as most of us suspected, Tesla OEM'd from weather tech.

PS, Tesla version $50 less expensive too.

Yup. Got the same update:

2013 Tesla Model S | WeatherTech FloorLiner - car floor mats liner, floor tray protects and lines the floor of truck and SUV carpeting from mud, snow, water and dirt | WeatherTech.com

But, there seem to be some subtle differences though; the WeatherTech version has a small hump-like section in the middle of the rear mat while the Tesla version is flat. Tesla's is obviously cheaper at $200 vs WeatherTech's $250.

I'm pretty sure that the photo on the WeatherTech website is a generic photo, not the actual mat for the Model S.

And there were never any suspicions about WeatherTech being the OEM, since MacNeil Automotive is clearly written on the back of the Tesla mats...

I'm pretty sure that the photo on the WeatherTech website is a generic photo, not the actual mat for the Model S.

And there were never any suspicions about WeatherTech being the OEM, since MacNeil Automotive is clearly written on the back of the Tesla mats...

1) McNeill Automotive is the parent company for Weathertech. They are ABSOLUTELY weathertech mats. You just confirmed.
2) There IS a generic photo if you just select 2012 or 2013 model S. But, if you select front matts only, there is a picture that is unambiguously the same mat I bought from Tesla except with Weathertech logo instead of Tesla.

1) McNeill Automotive is the parent company for Weathertech. They are ABSOLUTELY weathertech mats. You just confirmed.
2) There IS a generic photo if you just select 2012 or 2013 model S. But, if you select front matts only, there is a picture that is unambiguously the same mat I bought from Tesla except with Weathertech logo instead of Tesla.

Those were exactly my points... Not sure why you are telling me exactly what I'm saying??????

There IS a generic photo if you just select 2012 or 2013 model S. But, if you select front matts only, there is a picture that is unambiguously the same mat I bought from Tesla except with Weathertech logo instead of Tesla.

Right. Ignore my prior post! I have ordered from WeatherTech in the past for my CTS and they use an exact photo for the set, not a "generic" photo. Wonder why they did for the Tesla set.

Those were exactly my points... Not sure why you are telling me exactly what I'm saying??????
I think he interpreted your loose phrasing to mean you were suggesting the suspicions were incorrect rather than correct: