Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wire Transfer Payment Method

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have any experience wire transferring funds to pay for MS? The wire will be from an international bank account so I know it will take a few days for Tesla to receive it. Am I supposed to initiate the wire the day I pick up and they go by my ward that the funds will arrive? Or do I have to pay before hand?

I see. So I guess I have to set it up with my DS a week or two before hand. When I called my DS he told me he doesn't ask his clients to pay before seeing the car.. I'm pretty are I mentioned I would like to wire transfer as my payment method.

OP, right, Tesla isn't going to let you take possession of the MS until they have funds, nor I suspect will they want to keep your car at the SC for an extra week or two. Call your DS and work out the detail, or why not consider transferring the funds to a US bank account so you can overnight transfer funds to Tesla from there, or take a check with you on the day of delivery.

It's not unreasonable for the seller of a vehicle to want the funds before turning over a vehicle to the buyer.

If you need to see the car first (not an unreasonable request, either), I'd wire the money into a US account and then either get a bank check or write a personal check off the account, to be delivered when picking up the car.

I snail mailed them a person check about a week ahead of time.

I've no problems with wire transfers in most cases but in this case I wanted something to frame so I made a high resolution, full color scan of the check to later print out and frame. :)