Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wisconsin Supercharger Discussion & Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
one or two high-powered wall chargers at the quick trips would even be awesome! currently, the quick trips you have "charging locations ", Those consist of a 20 amp outlet. 15 amp and other locations. 80 amp high-powered wall charger would be perfect at Quiktrip locations. The amount of power required for a supercharger is no drop in the bucket. i'm surprised they were able to install them in some of the places that they have, just due to the sheer power demand. even just having enough power to supercharged a single car, at the new 135 kW speed, is just incredible.

Hi all, I've lurked this thread for a long time and I'm happy to be able to finally contribute. the owners of a delightful coffee shop near where I live have installed two HPWC for customers with Teslas (I'm the only one I'm aware of . . . so far!) The place is called 2894 On Main (2894onmain.com). Great cofee, a small and weekly changing breakfast/lunch menus, and a little store area with interesting stuff to peruse. This place is a nice destination for a day trip, and it's about a two minute drive from I-43 (Hwy 120 exit), making it pretty convenient.

The chargers are located in a small back parking area (you can't see them in the top pic, but they're to the right of the stop sign). If an ICE is there, just talk to someone in the coffee shop and they'll help you out.

-Eric

Screen Shot 2014-08-22 at 4.49.04 PM.png

TelsaCoffee.jpg

Thanks Eric! BTW, this is in East Troy, Wisconsin (your post didn't mention that). Funny, I drive by this place almost every weekend and I never noticed the chargers!

Sorry about that. The reply form had a subject field that I put the East Troy, WI bit in, but I see the subject doesn't show up in the thread.

The chargers just went in a few days ago, and there's no obvious signage to draw the eye.

Bump. So not much activity in Wisconsin lately. The 2015 map still shows 3 new superchargers in Wisconsin for next year. I would really like to see them. I fear that due to the very necessary route connections (I-90, I-70) that didn't get made this year, that Wisconsin will get ignored. Tesla, please apply the shotgun approach to superchargers. Put them into process at all predicated locations and let the easy ones come on line soon and let the bureaucratically stalled ones come online whenever they do. Otherwise, please consider my application for the Supercharger Midwest Manager and let me do it.

I could use an SC near Hayward, WI. I had to charge at a KOA up there this past summer.

Agreed. The northern routes need to be filled in. A supercharger on highway 53 route near Spooner might cover a Hayward destination or Duluth area destination. Would like to see Wausau Supercharger on highway 51 with Stevens Point as a backup. Oshkosh, Port Washington, and Green Bay are my other picks. Also, the UP (Upper Peninsula of Michigan) shouldn't get ignored. There are connecting routes to mainland Michigan and Canada through there.

Just get the one already shown in Duluth on line. No need for anything in Spooner since Eau Claire to Duluth is pretty manageable, even in my 60. Either Oskosh or Greenbay, would also be great for getting up to Door Cnty.
Green Bay is a 100% MUST!!! Why It's not up already... The amount of traffic between Chicago and Green bay is insane, even more so during Packers Games. Since theirs not even a HPWC in Green Bay, Thats even ruled me driving out for now. I could do it if I was doing a over-night, a 85 pack could do a same day, but almost everything is 30 amp at 208v :(

Too bad Propel Imports (Where I get my motor scooters I sell from) uses 3 phase for their forklifts, or I could have plugged into that :)

Green Bay is a 100% MUST!!! Why It's not up already... The amount of traffic between Chicago and Green bay is insane, even more so during Packers Games. Since theirs not even a HPWC in Green Bay, Thats even ruled me driving out for now. I could do it if I was doing a over-night, a 85 pack could do a same day, but almost everything is 30 amp at 208v :(

Too bad Propel Imports (Where I get my motor scooters I sell from) uses 3 phase for their forklifts, or I could have plugged into that :)
Shows a HPWC in Green Bay on tesla's find us page at the Aloft Hotel

Aloft Hotel

http://www.aloftgreenbay.com/hotel-features

I went to a wedding last year in Green Bay and stayed at the Country Inn & Suites by Carlson in Green Bay North. On plugshare.com I found a HPWC at AMI Inc. just a mile away from my hotel:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/4...3247,263m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0