Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wish I had an ICE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the first time in over two years, I wished we had a gas powered car...for about 3 minutes! We were supercharging in Gilroy and it was 104* outside, battery at 8% and all 3 kids in the car. The system got so hot we had limited air conditioning! It was a miserable few minutes wishing we could just run that gas engine and crank the AC!

I had never seen this message before though. Is it part of the new “battery temp management”?

1F829FE8-E68A-4D18-88CB-6314CC9ACBCC.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: commasign
No buildings near by to take refuge in? Personally, I would have opted to grab a snack and use the restroom. Doing that with three little ones means the car would be done charging by the time you got them wrangled back up.

We had just finished charging and wanted to beat rush hour. Had already started pulling out of the lot. I guess air flow from driving on the highway helped cool things down.

I'm surprised it happened with a newly replenished battery. OP what was your state of charge when you were leaving the SCer?

i mean.. maybe i could understand limiting AC if SOC charge drops dangerously low.. but on a freshly SCed battery?

seems odd. then again, 104 F is pretty extreme.

I'm surprised it happened with a newly replenished battery. OP what was your state of charge when you were leaving the SCer?

i mean.. maybe i could understand limiting AC if SOC charge drops dangerously low.. but on a freshly SCed battery?

seems odd. then again, 104 F is pretty extreme.

The car is using the A/C to cool the battery, which has become hot due to charging in the hot weather. You can hear the A/C running while charging in the heat, even if you're not in the car. We haven't had it cut our climate control very often, even at 110 degrees, but once in a while.

Reactions: Lhshockey24
It was hot in the Bay Area yesterday and today, was up to 104 in Pleasanton today and yesterday. I visited the Home Depot supercharger yesterday afternoon with my girlfriend's dog and the car charged as we walked. The AC was really ramped up to cool the batteries the whole time we were there, even when we were away from the car for a while.