Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wishing I had bought the X (current S owner) - think I can get a good deal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery of an inventory S 90 D in September w/ 500 miles. Built in May with PUP, AP 2, White interior, Premium Sound. Showroom discount of $16K taking the price down to $89K or so. Had it for about 4 months and it's at 8K miles right now.

I'm really wanting an X, probably a 100D to cope with the lesser efficiency. Any estimates as to what Tesla is going to offer me for a trade-in? The additional $7,500 tax credit on the X will help offset the trade-in hit. My current vehicle is paid off, and will be paying cash for the next as well, if I go through with it.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

@Nitemare3219,

What are you referring to when you say this: “I'm really wanting an X, probably a 100D to cope with the lesser efficiency” specifically the lesser efficiency statement?

Ski

The X isn't as aerodynamic as the S. It takes the X more energy to travel the same distance as the S. That makes it less efficient.
Technically, both the Model-X and Model-S have the exact same drag coefficient (0.24). The total aerodynamic forces on a vehicle is the frontal surface area multiplied by the drag coefficient. Since the Model-X has a larger frontal area, it's forces are going to be higher, but technically the two are aerodynamically equivalent.

Apologies for being pedantic. :D

• Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker