Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

With so many quality issues after delivery - how many people are actually happy with their car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked my white/white, 20”, FSD baby up today in OMills, Maryland and she is PERFECT !!
They cleaned her up,, seats folded fine, no alignment issues, no panel gaps or paint concerns!!
I really do believe that some peeps problems are the Tesla shops in their state !
Btw, vin is 145xxx

Glad I'm getting my car there next week.

Picked up my Blue/black, LR, FSD, 20" wheels, vin 12xxx today. Ordered on 5/1.

In short, we are ecstatic, even with the delivery experience that i describe below.

I had to do an abbreviated walk through, but did not see anything terrible. The paint looks good, but i will go over it with a fine tooth comb tomorrow. There is the standard off center rear hatch as well as the uneven back seats. I will be taking pictures and making an appointment to have them fix those and any other issues i find tomorrow.

As for the "touchless delivery" or whatever they are calling it, i was underwhelmed at best with the service. We had to sign papers. There is apparently nowhere inside the SC where we are allowed to go to "close the deal". One of the employees shooed us out of the one area with a table (1 foot from the door) a couple of times. He said to sign papers in our car. Meanwhile they are falling all over the ground. I told him that for a $60K car, i would be signing papers on the table. Absolutely terribly disorganized and not necessary.

We had to wait for quite a while as they aligned our rear hatch (i think it is worse!). Then the guy says, "I can take your papers and payment if you like" and we were on our way. Nobody even confirmed if we payed correctly or completely. Our last 2 cars have been Mercedes so I can say with conviction that the service is the opposite of Mercedes.

I will say that leading up to delivery, i had great service, via email, with the sales guy.

Once on the road, i realized why we bought the car. It is just really fun to drive. It is very zippy, and handles well, especially compared to the larger SUVs we have been driving. The autopilot calibrated quickly and was fin to use. It will take some getting used to. On a couple of lane merges, the car seemed to be thinking about which way to go as the lines were not marked that well. It slowed to a crawl, but figured it out and then accelerated. It also tried to exit from the express lanes to the local lanes going 70 which was dicey and one of the only times i used the brakes. One footed driving is great.

And no gas stations. It seems like all i do is fill up our cars with gas.

I am still trying to get a handle on all of the bells and whistles - there are a lot. I ordered the homelink to integrate with our garage doors. Not sure why that is not included at this price point.

In closing, we are super excited to have purchased the car. Don't wait!

Picked up my Pearl White / Black LR AWD Model Y today in W. WA and it was an excellent experience. I found one small paint chip near the driver's side front wheel, but they fixed it on the spot. It was VERY small. All panels are aligned very well. Body lines are all good. Headlights and tail lights are seated properly. Back seats all line up, no alignment issues. Plastic trim around the wheel wells are installed perfectly (I'd seen a lot of photos of them not done right). Extremely happy with everything. I did find a broken clip in the frunk for the plastic covers after I got home, so I set up a mobile service appt to have it replaced. But aside from that, it's all good. Build date is 06/20 and VIN 9xxx.

I just felt that I should post this great experience because I've been reading this forum for a few weeks and I was feeling pretty discouraged about what to expect when I got to Tesla for my delivery. The communication through the entire process wasn't bad, but wasn't great either. I had to reach out a few times just to make sure things were on track and moving forward, but it really wasn't a bad experience, just a new experience purchasing a car in this way. I'd take this process over the lot visit and pushy salesperson any day of the week.

I think the people happy with their Model Y are not bothering with this forum because they're all doing this:
giphy.gif

That's me too!!!

I dont normally post stuff .. but I feel new MY people's concern.
I think I brought about 3 different check lists with me when I picked mine up :)

I picked up my new model Y (14XXX) at the local Tesla dealer on yesterday/Thurs.(I placed the order on Mothers Day)
After reading all the QC issues people had seen with their Y, my excitement in picking it up, turn to a little concern.
I must say it looked great! No panel gaps and the paint job was great! The only issue we had were that they forgot to put on the tow hitch and the FM radio was not working. They looked at the radio for about 30 minutes and needed to order a part. We will be getting it serviced for the hitch and radio next week. They also forgot floor mats and the spare tire patch kit, they got them right away for me. The whole process was very smooth and the Tesla people there were extremely polite.

I have had the car for about 24 hours now and I LOVE IT!!!

That's me too!!!

I dont normally post stuff .. but I feel new MY people's concern.
I think I brought about 3 different check lists with me when I picked mine up :)

I picked up my new model Y (14XXX) at the local Tesla dealer on yesterday/Thurs.(I placed the order on Mothers Day)
After reading all the QC issues people had seen with their Y, my excitement in picking it up, turn to a little concern.
I must say it looked great! No panel gaps and the paint job was great! The only issue we had were that they forgot to put on the tow hitch and the FM radio was not working. They looked at the radio for about 30 minutes and needed to order a part. We will be getting it serviced for the hitch and radio next week. They also forgot floor mats and the spare tire patch kit, they got them right away for me. The whole process was very smooth and the Tesla people there were extremely polite.

I have had the car for about 24 hours now and I LOVE IT!!!

They forgot the tow hitch? Just to be sure, you do know it's hidden, and the only way to see it is to remove the little door in the center of the rear bumper?

Another way is to look at controls/driving and see if there is an option for "trailer mode".

I think the rear seat, tail light, and charge port alignments must be the same for most everyone so hopefully they'll have some sort of service bulletin out to address them. I have an appt. this Friday to install Homelink and address those same issues so I'm hoping there are quick fixes. I'll post results here.
Had my SC appt. this morning. Homelink was installed and works great, hatch was adjusted so it doesn't "bang" when opened, tail lights were adjusted as well as the charge port - all good. Had one rattle which turned out to be the rear license plate frame, fixed that too. So tomorrow will be my first big detail the car day! Will post pic's after Rocketman is all cleaned up... :)

Almost forgot: no luck on middle rear seat alignment - no way to adjust it apparently but that's OK. When I was looking for the rattle found the back of the middle seat wasn't properly secured so SC installed a missing clip, all good.

Reactions: rxlawdude
Had my SC appt. this morning. Homelink was installed and works great, hatch was adjusted so it doesn't "bang" when opened, tail lights were adjusted as well as the charge port - all good. Had one rattle which turned out to be the rear license plate frame, fixed that too. So tomorrow will be my first big detail the car day! Will post pic's after Rocketman is all cleaned up... :)

Almost forgot: no luck on middle rear seat alignment - no way to adjust it apparently but that's OK. When I was looking for the rattle found the back of the middle seat wasn't properly secured so SC installed a missing clip, all good.

Was that a service visit of mobile ranger?

I took delivery today and was pleasantly surprised. White/White PUP Vin 148XX.

Scottsdale location off of Raintree.

Just a few issues noted:
Panel Alignment issues on front number, both rear doors and the hatch
Paint transfer on the lower front bumper, They buffed this out before we left.
Rear seat back alignment issues
weather stripping/gasket on the front of the glass roof was funky.
Rear passenger side wheel well liner was not tucked in all the way around
Front passenger seat was dirty. Not stained, just dirty.
Rear door bolts were torqued after being painted and scratched them up. Again, they touched these up before we left.

Didn't immediately notice any paint issues

Nothing Major..Super excited

I did get to over hear one of the delivery guys talking about some guy being nit picky and annoyed about that, But hey, for 60k+ anyone should expect a perfect car.

Reactions: rxlawdude and Maric
Just picked up my MY (vin 127xx) today. I am very happy with the car. I rejected 1st due to fit and finish issues. This one had some minor issues but the SC took care of most of the issues I discovered.

Attachments

• 54A4E2DA-F0FB-4BE5-B915-C6EA1456DBB8.jpeg
    54A4E2DA-F0FB-4BE5-B915-C6EA1456DBB8.jpeg
    346.9 KB · Views: 108
  • 146F21D8-740A-4FE1-B771-96874F20B05D.jpeg
    146F21D8-740A-4FE1-B771-96874F20B05D.jpeg
    398.3 KB · Views: 77
  • D9254E82-3D2B-48F8-BB44-98836842BD3C.jpeg
    D9254E82-3D2B-48F8-BB44-98836842BD3C.jpeg
    426.6 KB · Views: 76
  • 836DD7A8-B862-45B4-A945-B212B483CDC1.jpeg
    836DD7A8-B862-45B4-A945-B212B483CDC1.jpeg
    250.5 KB · Views: 74
  • 43E6176D-246C-4C0A-AD92-A9D18DB6B506.jpeg
    43E6176D-246C-4C0A-AD92-A9D18DB6B506.jpeg
    185.9 KB · Views: 81
  • 90FC2DFD-3197-4167-BFB1-E10B2E54C58E.jpeg
    90FC2DFD-3197-4167-BFB1-E10B2E54C58E.jpeg
    254.4 KB · Views: 75
  • 9E10F220-F8A7-4B20-ABF1-23721E0A5409.jpeg
    9E10F220-F8A7-4B20-ABF1-23721E0A5409.jpeg
    472.2 KB · Views: 73
I’m coming from BMW and Lexus so my standards were high. Picked up my Blue model Y PUP in March. VIN 1xxx. I knew Tesla had horrible QC plus being first edition car so I was ready. So...

- few panels misaligned
- steering wheel wasn’t center
- tail light condensation
- rear seat panel not staying on
- window seal leak causing wind noise
- backseat not automatically folding

Tesla service resolved all those issues except for rear seat not folding as they are pending parts.

overall I am happy and my wife loves the car.

the only complaint I have is that the paints clear coat is super fragile compared to my other cars. Not sure why but I’m
Getting paint correction and ceramic coating soon, and probably PPF, so that will be resolved.

I think the people happy with their Model Y are not bothering with this forum because they're all doing this:
giphy.gif
I got my model Y, 2 days ago, I agree.... love the car, very happy and learning every day. Because of the cost and being different (electric versus gas), more critics.... on delivery day.. I thought about those YouTube videos telling me about what to check... I was surprised at how much larger than my expectations.... I wonder ... Are other car Manufacturers scrutinized with such a checklist at delivery time?