Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Woo Hoo!!! Just ordered my first Tesla!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm so excited!!!!
Put my 2015 BMW 428i on OfferUp the other day and meeting with buyer this morning to complete the deal!!!

Just ordered a 2020 Model 3 Performance from Tesla!!!

25,546 miles on the clock, so I'm hoping she's minty mint!! Kinda scary with the way Tesla does its used cars, but hoping for the best!!!

should look just like this 😍

EAA1CEF9-4746-4247-9B3E-E9810005CCE5.jpeg

1BFF3FBA-AE31-4147-B663-6248535A6F5A.jpeg

80E53BE2-55DD-471B-A493-DBC0BC679B0D.jpeg

more details to follow...I gotta get some sleep....gonna try anyway

Cool! I had a '20 M3P. That year/model was the only one to have the 20" wheels in gunpowder color. So if you spot another Performance model with those wheels, it's a '20.
yeah, they were my favorite looking wheels from Tesla...so it worked out perfect that the sweet spot right now on their used inventory was the 2020
M3P 😍

crazy thing is....I had been looking at the site all day going back and forth on which one to get
It was mostly between a

white/black 2020 M3P with EAP with only 25,xxx miles for $41,400
or-
white/black 2020 M3P with FSD with 41,xxx miles for $41,700

so later when I got home at like 2am I opened my MacBook and decided to pull the trigger on the low mile with EAP before someone snatched it up
but when I went to pay my $500 deposit I kept getting an error message:oops:

So I thought "shht!! it probably already sold" :mad:

So I just went on my phone to see if would work using the mobile site hoping it was just a computer issue....fingers crossed

AND HOLY CRAP!! No wonder it was giving an error message....my computer still had the browser open from earlier

and there was a new price ....$40,100 😱😍

saved an extra $1300 by waiting a few hours ....Hell yeah baby!!!!

finalized the sale today of my BMW so it is done deal....can't wait!!!!

wow..I lucked out with my timing big time!!

I went back to check the inventory to see if I missed out on anything else that might have popped up or any more price drops....

Only thing I missed out on was a pretty big price INCREASE

The one I was debating on getting ('20 white/black M3P with FSD 41K miles) went up from $41,700 to $44,400 o_O

I couldn't have gotten any luckier as I'm sure mine would have gone way up too

Reactions: cdub and M109Rider
wow..I lucked out with my timing big time!!

I went back to check the inventory to see if I missed out on anything else that might have popped up or any more price drops....

Only thing I missed out on was a pretty big price INCREASE

The one I was debating on getting ('20 white/black M3P with FSD 41K miles) went up from $41,700 to $44,400 o_O

I couldn't have gotten any luckier as I'm sure mine would have gone way up too
Tesla has played games with their used car prices for years. They'll drop a few hundred daily and if it gets to a point where it hasn't sold they'll either jack it back up to the stratosphere and start again or send it to the auctions.

Tesla has played games with their used car prices for years. They'll drop a few hundred daily and if it gets to a point where it hasn't sold they'll either jack it back up to the stratosphere and start again or send it to the auctions.
I don’t know if they are games as much as reacting to the market and business margins. They favour some, and upset others.

If you want games, try buying a car from a dealership. :)
They’re in the news again today here in Canada for breaking the law on pricing games.

Reactions: PdxAmp
ughhh....so bummed.

got confirmation text this morning for tomorrow delivery....then hours later just got a call from delivery center saying the car hasn't arrived yet and I need to reschedule😢

worst thing is I'm going on vacation to Tahoe on Thursday so won't be able to pick up now until a week from today....I was pretty bummed cuz I am dying to see and drive this car!!!💔

i pulled the trigger on a used Tesla model 3 (from their inventory). the other day. Standard range, 2022, red, 23K FSD, RWD. posted price was under 50k. there were 3 or 4 posted at the same time, similar price, miles and age. all are gone now. looking at the prices of 3s on the site today, they are all older, triple the miles, white and 15k or higher in price. Did I snag a deadly deal or is the pricing always like a yo-yo? hopefully its in good shape... it would be nice if they posted actual pics of the cars.

Reactions: M109Rider
Standard range, 2022, red, 23K FSD, RWD. posted price was under 50k.

You paid close to $50k for a standard range? I don't want to be that guy that makes you feel bad about your purchase, but I *really* suggest you walk away from this "deal".

If I had to guess, it sounds like you paid much more than the new retail price for a used vehicle just because it has FSD... which is just vaporware.

I paid $50k for my Long Range AWD, and *much* better value.

Reactions: BigNick
You paid close to $50k for a standard range? I don't want to be that guy that makes you feel bad about your purchase, but I *really* suggest you walk away from this "deal".

If I had to guess, it sounds like you paid much more than the new retail price for a used vehicle just because it has FSD... which is just vaporware.

I paid $50k for my Long Range AWD, and *much* better value.
Totally different world down here. $50K here is to be expected.
That’s a great car he got. He will love it. We have a second Tesla model like that. Great car.

Reactions: father_of_6
Ah... that could be a totally different story. In the US, there's a $7,500 tax credit towards a new vehicle. $50k for a used Standard Range definitely sounds high.
just seeing this now. Yah, new the car without options starts at 55k. we do have a 5k rebate. but FSD is $19500 here, then add the paint "upgrade" cost. you can take our price and divide by 1.37 to get our price in USD. Cars are a pain to import and I don't think Tesla would make it easy for a Canadian to import one (unless they already lived in the USA and were moving north). I live in a border city, so I can cross shop when it makes sense to do so, but cars not so much.