Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

World Map of Model S Reservation Holders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No Reservations in:

So far, we've got no Model Ss mapped as being registered in ten US states:
  • Maine
  • Delaware
  • Mississippi
  • Arkansas
  • North Dakota
  • South Dakota
  • Montana
  • Wyoming
  • Utah
  • [not Arizona but:] New Mexico
In Canada, there are more gaps (proportionally):
  • Newfoundland & Labrador
  • PEI
  • New Brunswick
  • Saskatchewan
  • Yukon
  • Northwest Territories
  • Nunavut
Western Europe has some holes in our map:
  • Ireland (Republic of)
  • Luxembourg
  • Lichtenstein
  • Greece
  • Andorra
  • Vatican City
Eastern Europe is pretty much bare, except Hungary and Slovakia.
Nothing in Asia except Hong Kong.
No reservations in Africa, South America, or Antarctica.

Last edited:
^ Robert, here's my take on the factors that could be involved:

- Some of these areas are relatively remote and an EV of today may not be practical for several reasons.
- There's unfortunately probably a wealth/income factor involved as well atleast in some of the US states and European countries.
- Tesla's not selling their cars yet in most countries in Asia (they are working on opening up China, I think). Definitely not in Africa and S America yet.
- Antarctica may not be a big enough market yet and the ranger fees is prohibitively high! Same goes for the Moon and Mars.

I'm surprised by the lack of Arizona reservations. I know gas prices are a little cheaper there but it seems odd that no one is either reserving or reporting their reservation.

ND, SD, MT, WY are truck states with heavy snowfall. Long distances between towns as well. Makes perfect sense.

But there is 2 reservations from Manitoba!

As a native of South Dakota, I believe it is a combination of economics, culture & distance. There are few cars above $50k there and the baseline Model S would be considered insufficient for distance. There are extremely few cars above $85k. Culturally, this part of the country is 5+ years behind. They don't see a problem with the current state of the economy (low unemployment, Unemployment Rates for States) or planet (pollution isn't a local problem).