Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

World Map of Model S Reservation Holders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great. Someone mentioned that Arizona was one of the states without an pins on it and I didn't check the map before repeating this information. Anyway, glad to hear this.

That was New Mexico, I believe.

My bad--I wrote "Arizona" instead of "New Mexico".

NM residents might still be upset that Tesla reneged on setting up the factory there when it became clear that NUMMI was in the bag ;)

Robert.Boston
In the ZeeMap as admin under "Customizations"- "Change add marker form" menu choice is a check box labeled " Show legend values for selecting marker type instead of colors" With this checked people don't have to know what the colors mean.

I'm one of the 9 in PHX-metro area (P4398). I spoke with a Roadster owner here at work. He had heard about the store in Scottsdale. But he wasn't sure about the service center. He did say one potential downside (from his perspective) of a service center would be that now, he gets on site service for everything. Tesla sends a rep out to him for anything he needs done. He thinks that if they open a service center here, then he'd have to take his car into the shop. I can see benefits of both.

On a separate note, one concern I do have is if there will be any issue with the EVSE in the extreme heat. The Roadster owner does have issues when the temps hit more than 100 degrees. Sometimes, the EVSE will "trip" and stop working. So, he has to cover the unit with a towel to "keep it shaded". I'm hoping this is one issue that has been "enhanced" since the Roadster.

From what I've read and heard, you'll have the option of either using the centre or having a Ranger visit. Note that the Ranger visit is more expensive because you pay $1 per mile of travel plus the service. Depending upon the distance, the extra may be well worth it for the convenience.

From what I've read and heard, you'll have the option of either using the centre or having a Ranger visit. Note that the Ranger visit is more expensive because you pay $1 per mile of travel plus the service. Depending upon the distance, the extra may be well worth it for the convenience.

I believe there is a minimum Ranger charge. Even if you live 10 miles away, it's a minimum charge of $100 (think that's right).

Is there a good way to map the entries back to TMC / TM forum members (for those that are willing to share that information)?

For example, I'd be interested in chatting up some of the Sigs in my area to compare notes about electricians.
People are free to include whatever info about themselves on the map that they wish, but there's nothing I can do to make the link.

On a separate note, one concern I do have is if there will be any issue with the EVSE in the extreme heat. The Roadster owner does have issues when the temps hit more than 100 degrees. Sometimes, the EVSE will "trip" and stop working. So, he has to cover the unit with a towel to "keep it shaded". I'm hoping this is one issue that has been "enhanced" since the Roadster.
Posts moved. Any more discussion about EVSE temperature issues should be held in EVSE Temperature Issues. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: