Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

World record of fewest visits in Service Center ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everybody :)

I have my Model S since february 13 2014, and passed 56.000km yesterday.
And I wonder if I have the world record or not for the number of visits to a service center ?

Because actually, my Model S has absolutely NO visit to service center ! And of course, no Ranger too (I don't bought the option) !!

Is someone better than me ? :wink:

I'll take the bait. 16 actual scheduled visits, 9 months. And very unlikely to drive a non Tesla ever again. It's easy to support a car company from behind the wheel of your car, it's quite another to support it while behind the wheel of your loaner car.

You have been into service 16 times in 9 months but would still rather drive a tesla? Just want to make sure I am understanding that correctly.

I'll take the bait. 16 actual scheduled visits, 9 months. And very unlikely to drive a non Tesla ever again. It's easy to support a car company from behind the wheel of your car, it's quite another to support it while behind the wheel of your loaner car.

In fact I was looking for the inverse record, I mean the model S with the less visits at service center as possible ;)

With 16 month, 56.000Km, I have actually the world record I think, with no visit at service center and no servicing at all :cool:

Funny to read this the day after receiving my third drive unit, fourth chargeport, second set of tail lights, and new rear applique (after replacing the onboard charger and the mobile charger in previous visits). Mine has been a mess. Congrats to those going for the "good" record.

Hello everybody :)

I have my Model S since february 13 2014, and passed 56.000km yesterday.
And I wonder if I have the world record or not for the number of visits to a service center ?

Because actually, my Model S has absolutely NO visit to service center ! And of course, no Ranger too (I don't bought the option) !!

Is someone better than me ? :wink:

*Moderator Note: Title clarified

Oh yeah, that's what I was forgetting.... hah. At least I'm only on my second! The service advisor practically went ahead and setup a 2 year appointment to prepare me for the third. :)

LOL

For such an amazing car/company - and it truly is, it's the best car on the market - its freaking unbelievable that chronic issues like the 12V, RFS ventilation, the standard headliner popping out and the "be careful closing the delicate crumple zone frunk" never get process re-engineered at Fremont. If they really do improve 20-30 parts a week on the FAL, why have these obvious issues gone unresolved for years?

Let's not even discuss the center console debacle...

Maybe a poll of "how many Unscheduled visits have you had to make to the service center" would be a better way to collect the data.

I've been in for... charge port doesn't light up / open. Door handle didn't extend, and now sunroof stains... all unscheduled.

And yet... if I can avoid it, I won't be buying another gas car ever again.

*I will still need a diesel truck to tow with. (15k load), but that's a weekend thing ;)

Funny to read this the day after receiving my third drive unit, fourth chargeport, second set of tail lights, and new rear applique (after replacing the onboard charger and the mobile charger in previous visits). Mine has been a mess. Congrats to those going for the "good" record.

It will be a lie to say that my car has no problem at all. But it's true that for now it doesn't seen any service center / servicing
My drive unit makes habitual noises, I have the 3 noises, the "klang" between regen/acceleration, the"bzzzzzzz" at low speed, and the "hummmm" at approx 120Km/h. But the first and third are low volume, the most boring is the "bzzzz", but I am used to now. And some people have changed the DU multiple time and it does the same, thus I prefer for now to keep my original DU until they definitively solve the problem.

I also have some minor problem but nothing really boring

You have been into service 16 times in 9 months but would still rather drive a tesla? Just want to make sure I am understanding that correctly.

I am really sorry; in my zeal to be the 2nd post on a topic like service, which is so awesome, I misread the title completely.

That being said, it was no typo in the quote. I would still drive a Tesla.

- - - Updated - - -

Still on the original 12v, though!

Me too!

MOST Number of service visits (current record holder here, at least 25-30 visits last 2.5 years)

to truly have the Model S auto pilot it's way to the service center, try starting with a December 2012 production car.
Has been driven by me, or picked up and a loaner left more than I can even document. Latest was a drive unit replaced less than 2 weeks ago, then less than a week later, right rear door handle won't retract, and the door won't open. I have to wait until July before they can get to it to fix it, Watertown is very busy and Dedham is not open yet.

Every door handle has been replaced at least once (some multiple times), multiple 12V battery replacements, DC-DC inverter replaced, various TSB's, front defroster vent kit installed, charging port ring replaced multiple times, charging port door replaced, of course the titanium shield was added.. many other things as well, and I'd still buy another Tesla over any ICE

Not many unplanned visits for me, even though I have an early car.

I think new cars have less problems than early cars, as Tesla is learning. Also, in the beginning not many suppliers wanted to work with Tesla, so they had to accept lower quality parts (sun visors anyone?). Nowadays Tesla can choose from a huge line-up of companies all wanting to supply parts and be part of the succes story.

And I look at it this way: most items being replaced are of higher quality, so they will usually last longer.