Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wow, 36.5 is out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's a lot of fixes. 21.44 had one more... still a record.

36.5.jpg

C1BB1FC7-9A68-4027-9F77-501B2B584556.png

There’s reports of various issues with the rear screen and hvac on the 2021+ MS and MX, the missing superchargers on the map and oncoming traffic is also still missing, at least in Europe. I can’t help thinking there must be a few more that aren’t so obvious to warrant this many updates. I’m on 2022.36.2 (MY) and can’t say I’ve noticed anything worse than usual stuff

• Informative
Reactions: Transformer
I also noticed that the steering wheel heater and seat heaters did not automatically turn on today like it did when I first got my MYLR. Seat heaters were set to "Auto" but there is no such toggle for the steering wheel. We are in a bit of a cold snap (44 degrees F, with overcast skies) and I had the climate set to 68 degrees. As I recall, both were activated last winter/spring even when the outdoor temperatures were in the 50s.

Is anyone else experiencing this in a MY (or any other model)?

Last edited:
Looks like mostly 36.2 cars getting 36.5 update. They must have found a lot of bugs in 36.2 and are rushing to correct them. I'm also on 2022.28 and would rather wait until everything is fixed.
The trend I've noticed is that I typically get updates either Tuesday afternoon or Friday evening. Not 100%, but I don't hold my breath waiting except on those days now. Hoping for 36.5 tomorrow.

I was wondering if .5 was the highest so thanks to the OP for sharing.

I also noticed that the steering wheel heater and seat heaters did not automatically turn on today like it did when I first got my MYLR. Seat heaters were set to "Auto" but there is no such toggle for the steering wheel. We are in a bit of a cold snap (44 degrees F, with overcast skies) and I had the climate set to 68 degrees. As I recall, both were activated last winter/spring even when the outdoor temperatures were in the 50s.

Is anyone else experiencing this in a MY (or any other model)?
I just got 28.2 yesterday, and now the seat heater and steering wheel heater randomly come on by themselves when I get in, even when I carefully turn them off before leaving, and watch it save to my profile.

• Informative
Reactions: ajstan
I just got 28.2 yesterday, and now the seat heater and steering wheel heater randomly come on by themselves when I get in, even when I carefully turn them off before leaving, and watch it save to my profile.
With the move to cloud profiles and a combination of tesla connectivity sometimes timing out and connectivity in sometimes hit and miss as it switches between cellular and Wi-Fi and poor reception areas, I wonder if that can introduce issues, ie your save didn’t make it to the cloud, or when you return to the car it fails to read it from the cloud and defaults to some old settings. Just trying to work out why some might get the issues and others don’t.

What happened to seat heaters in the lower main display tray? I could have sworn that I moved an icon to the main tray for winter driving. Doesn’t seem to be there anymore and I don’t see the ability to move it now. Maybe I’m just imagining that it used to be there?

Looks like mostly 36.2 cars getting 36.5 update. They must have found a lot of bugs in 36.2 and are rushing to correct them. I'm also on 2022.28 and would rather wait until everything is fixed.

Our Tesla's are far more like iPhones with wheels than they are like traditional, what-they-built-at-the-factory-is-what-you-get cars. And since any complex software always has bugs, waiting for "everything to be fixed" is a never-to-be-achieved fantasy. New bugs will be created even as old ones are put to rest.

And since Tesla obviously uses a rapid software development process - a methodology which has many benefits, but which also comes at the cost of less testing - bugs will surface with greater frequency than they would have in the old days of rigid, long-term development cycles.

Many of us love this new world. Those expecting an ICE-like experience may be sorely disappointed.

What happened to seat heaters in the lower main display tray? I could have sworn that I moved an icon to the main tray for winter driving. Doesn’t seem to be there anymore and I don’t see the ability to move it now. Maybe I’m just imagining that it used to be there?
If you long press the icons in the tray, you will get the option to add the seat heaters and a couple of other HVAC functions to the tray.

The seat and steering wheel heaters were both on when I preconditioned the MY for a drive home last night (again, set to 68 degrees F and it was 45 outside) and this time the steering wheel heater stayed active, but I'm not sure about the seats once I started driving, since I was pretty comfortable, so I'd guess they weren't needed. Seems random, but maybe it isn't? I didn't know that these settings were saved to the profile, I'll give that a try.

Our Tesla's are far more like iPhones with wheels than they are like traditional, what-they-built-at-the-factory-is-what-you-get cars. And since any complex software always has bugs, waiting for "everything to be fixed" is a never-to-be-achieved fantasy. New bugs will be created even as old ones are put to rest.

And since Tesla obviously uses a rapid software development process - a methodology which has many benefits, but which also comes at the cost of less testing - bugs will surface with greater frequency than they would have in the old days of rigid, long-term development cycles.

Many of us love this new world. Those expecting an ICE-like experience may be sorely disappointed.
I'm in the "new world" camp, and look forward to the continual enhancements, although I can sympathize with those that have had more impactful bugs introduced with a new release.

Reactions: Hayseed_MS
good point, I bet that's it. I'm on the fence about cloud profiles anyway, only have one Tesla, no plans to drive any others. I think I'll delete the cloud profile and go back to one on board profile only, if that's possible.

I never realized I was such a Luddite for just wanting things like working wipers and seat heater controls. Please. If the 'new' way of doing things is producing such absolute garbage as recent Tesla software, perhaps the process needs some... tweaks.