Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wrapping the glossy backs of the Model X seats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TheAustin

Model X 90D (Former Model S P85)
Sep 12, 2011
The Hamptons
Has anyone wrapped, or heard of someone else wrapping the glossy backs of the Model X seats, like with a vinyl or some similar product? I loved my S, and love my new X, but HATE those glossy seat backs! I wouls have been fine with something like the S had, a textured matte back...But this gloss has to go.

Any ideas/suggestions? Have any of you ventured down this road? Thanks...

Many people use XPel Stealth, which yields a satin finish. You should be able to find some examples here on the site. Here's a link to a post with picture. That thread also talks about this.

Yes, that's definitely better...I was hoping to find something with a bit more texture, but barring that, I think XPel Stealth is the way to go. Thanks. Still hoping to hear from someone who has done something a little more textured/interesting. Thanks everyone!

I'm a cheap bastard and DIY almost everything. For $75 I sourced pre-cut film off eBay and will do all seatbaks of our 6 seater myself. (While not an out and out "professional" I have done a lot of protective film installs on my vehicle's so I have some idea what I'm doing.) And while the end product may not be as perfect has an experienced installer I'm not bothered by slight imperfections in the finished install. I also ordered 3M pre-cut clear bra for the front of the vehicle. Total cost: $350

I've done the clear XPel. Something to consider with other non-clear solutions. If you have something rub up against the protection film, it could damage it and make it hard to buff out. Clear film might buff out easier. XPel is supposed to heal itself under UV light.