Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, not sure if this is a 'common' Tesla thing, but when I collected my Model 3 last week the SA helped me log paint issues (chips & scratches) that needed to be fixed with the service option in the app.

Now the unusual part is that Tesla have just quoted the repair (under warranty, so £0) and sent through the estimate, but they've put the repairs as "Insulate low pressure pipe from supermanifold to compressor" plus some stuff about a curtousy inspection.

I've double checked the original quote that the SA helped me put together and it clearly states "Collection paint work correction for scratches and chips" with 4 photos attached that clearly demonstrate the problems as taken with assistance from the SA.

The estimate is still coming out to £0, so I'm tempted just to approve the fixes and go anyway and explain when I'm there. I was wondering if this is a normal tactic by Tesla service centres just to allocate off service appointments that the system doesn't have an option for, as the app didn't have one for 'Paint Correction' so it had to go in with 'Something else', I'm assuming their invoicing may not have one either, so they just put the thing about the insulation as a way to 'allocate' the work.

Any thoughts? Other than just contacting Tesla...

So, not sure if this is a 'common' Tesla thing, but when I collected my Model 3 last week the SA helped me log paint issues (chips & scratches) that needed to be fixed with the service option in the app.

Now the unusual part is that Tesla have just quoted the repair (under warranty, so £0) and sent through the estimate, but they've put the repairs as "Insulate low pressure pipe from supermanifold to compressor" plus some stuff about a curtousy inspection.

I've double checked the original quote that the SA helped me put together and it clearly states "Collection paint work correction for scratches and chips" with 4 photos attached that clearly demonstrate the problems as taken with assistance from the SA.

The estimate is still coming out to £0, so I'm tempted just to approve the fixes and go anyway and explain when I'm there. I was wondering if this is a normal tactic by Tesla service centres just to allocate off service appointments that the system doesn't have an option for, as the app didn't have one for 'Paint Correction' so it had to go in with 'Something else', I'm assuming their invoicing may not have one either, so they just put the thing about the insulation as a way to 'allocate' the work.

Any thoughts? Other than just contacting Tesla...

They take the opportunity to carry out work that has been found to be an issue with other cars ... a sort of silent recall.

Reactions: moodel_tree
Had similar with my 2019 Raven model X - I booked it in for a 2 year checkover (brake and fluid inspection) and the estimate came back with several other items (all at no cost to me) ranging from applying polyurethane to upper ball joints to rerouting cable harness and replacing any faulty cables. I have never had a problem with my vehicle but subsequent enquiries revealed that there were various service bulletins (not sufficient to warrant a recall but to be done whenever Tesla had the car).
Collected the car today and all seems good.

Picked up my car in September was sitting in the showroom not ready so anyways they booked in to sort out door card and bonnet chips and front bumper then get told
Insulate Low Pressure Pipe From
super manifold To Comoressor
Insulate low and also o ring strut a recall but not called a recall

Picked up my car in September was sitting in the showroom not ready so anyways they booked in to sort out door card and bonnet chips and front bumper then get told
Insulate Low Pressure Pipe From
super manifold To Comoressor
Insulate low and also o ring strut a recall but not called a recall
As it happens mine was in today for a new parking sensor and I notice on the invoice (nil payable) that they also did the same job as above at the same time. Mine's a June 2021 LR.

Presumably, the failure of this insulation is the reason you see steam rising from the front offside wheel from some cars while on a supercharger?

So as part of a camera replacement by a mobile technician, I also had this silent recall complete.

Concern: Install Supermanifold to Compressor Pipe Insulation Foam and Harness Connector Cover

Correction: Insulate A/C Low Pressure Pipe and Install Harness Connector Cover

I have a 2021 M3P