Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yellow Arc Line: Meaning ?

SageBrush

REJECT Fascism
May 7, 2015
New Mexico
I think while driving, a fat yellow arc of ~ 60 degrees showed up on my screen offset from the driver rear corner of the car icon. It briefly went away and then returned during my drive. Nothing changed in driving that I could tell. I have not yet looked carefully at the exterior of the car.

A look through the user manual and a google search were not fruitful. Anybody know ?

• Funny
Reactions: lUtriaNt

dmurphy

Supporting Member
I think while driving, a fat yellow arc of ~ 60 degrees showed up on my screen offset from the driver rear corner of the car icon. It briefly went away and then returned during my drive. Nothing changed in driving that I could tell. I have not yet looked carefully at the exterior of the car.

A look through the user manual and a google search were not fruitful. Anybody know ?

Means the car sees something close to the rear of the car.

Concrete wall, curb, stowaway - could be any object. Not close enough to be red, but within 2 feet or so.

JulienW

Jul 7, 2018
Atlanta
Wait with 12,000 post a 2018 Model 3 you are asking about this?:eek::eek::eek:

EDIT: If it stayed on the screen you were likely driving on a road with a reasonably close curb.

IMG_1143.JPG

dmurphy

Supporting Member
Huh.

Perhaps a software or sensor bug then, since it stayed up on the screen while driving normal roads for a good 10 minutes. It might be time to wash my car

Could be. Could’ve been on a road close to a curb or a wall (you call them Jersey walls; we just call them walls here. ;-)

I’ve even had pieces of ice set them off. It’s really not a huge deal. But yes - worth checking and cleaning!

CharleyBC

Jun 28, 2019
Talent, OR
Once I had one persist for the whole drive but also the FSD visualizations were gone. A reboot fixed it.
Yeah, that.

I had a pattern of yellow and orange proximity arcs that I think were true as I backed out of the garage, and just stuck there for the entire drive to the store. No normal road visualizations were occurring. A static image. When I stopped, I was about to reboot, when it suddenly cleared by itself--maybe from being put in Park, or maybe a coincidence.

This just started happening to me yesterday. It goes on and off. Sometimes I see just white arcs and sometimes the yellow becomes more prominent. I was driving in a rural area but has not happened before.

I have a 2021 Model Y. I did a factory reset and it didn’t work. I also did a reset holding down both scroll buttons on the steering wheel and that didn’t work either. Anyone else experience this? Is there a Tesla tech support number available to figure out why this is happening?

Thanks so much.

Attachments

• 3D7A8D55-0862-4CB9-B2CE-19BA5091D4BD.jpeg
    3D7A8D55-0862-4CB9-B2CE-19BA5091D4BD.jpeg
    811.3 KB · Views: 124

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC