Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yet Another Cooling Solution for the Rear Facing Seats - Evapolar

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I was scouring through all the information out there about cooling the kiddos in the rear-facing jump seats, even thinking of engineering something when I came across Evapolar...

World's first personal air conditioner

I'm not sure of it's effectiveness but I may give it a shot. It's designed to run off a 5V 2A USB Port so I should be able to use it with a high quality 12V adapter, such as this: Amazon.com: AUKEY CC-S1 Car Charger, Flush Fit Dual Port 4.8A Output for iPhone iPad Samsung & other - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Thoughts?

After checking this web page, the OP may find evaporative cooling a challenge:

Climate of Houston - Wikipedia

As Evbwcaer mentioned, lower humidity inside the vehicle would help the evaporative process. This article gives some tips on pre-cooling and adding infrared film:

Cooling Tesla Model S 3rd Row Passenger Seat

If the forward facing passengers are willing to suffer with less cool air, here is another option:

Welcome to Nogglenation.com - Making The Backseat Cool Again!!

Monitor the rear facing seat area temperature to be safe and consider Model X with its separate cooling vents and fan system.

After checking this web page, the OP may find evaporative cooling a challenge:

Climate of Houston - Wikipedia

As Evbwcaer mentioned, lower humidity inside the vehicle would help the evaporative process. This article gives some tips on pre-cooling and adding infrared film:

Cooling Tesla Model S 3rd Row Passenger Seat

If the forward facing passengers are willing to suffer with less cool air, here is another option:

Welcome to Nogglenation.com - Making The Backseat Cool Again!!

Monitor the rear facing seat area temperature to be safe and consider Model X with its separate cooling vents and fan system.

Yes, the climate of Houston does pose a challenge with evaporative cooling. For the time being, I just ordered a pair of rechargeable fans from Amazon: OPOLAR Battery Clip on Fan, Powered by USB or 2200mAh Rechargeable Battery

The fan clips on rather discretely to the sides of the trunk and battery power means no complicated wiring, though I will wire them up so I don't have to worry about recharging. I'll upload a couple of photos this weekend.

Yes, the climate of Houston does pose a challenge with evaporative cooling. For the time being, I just ordered a pair of rechargeable fans from Amazon: OPOLAR Battery Clip on Fan, Powered by USB or 2200mAh Rechargeable Battery

The fan clips on rather discretely to the sides of the trunk and battery power means no complicated wiring, though I will wire them up so I don't have to worry about recharging. I'll upload a couple of photos this weekend.

I know it’s been a while, but wondering if these OPOLAR fans worked out for you? Looking for a similar solution before road trip next weekend. Thanks!