Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yoke peeling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I put this on my yoke to get me by until the new version is available.
It’s Alcanterra, and it is actually very nice and easy to install.
Looks nice. Wonder why Alcanterra a lot more expensive than the leather ones? I saw a review with Amazon that the person had the first version of the yoke (I do too) and the version he got would not fit and they sent him a different one. Did it take 1 to 3 hours to install? Looks complicated, but I am not good at that stuff. Lol.

Looks nice. Wonder why Alcanterra a lot more expensive than the leather ones? I saw a review with Amazon that the person had the first version of the yoke (I do too) and the version he got would not fit and they sent him a different one. Did it take 1 to 3 hours to install? Looks complicated, but I am not good at that stuff. Lol.
Alcantara is a pretty expensive material. I would have to say it probably took me an hour to do the first one and about 15 minutes to do the other side. Left versus right. If you get it, when you’re tucking it down under where the haptic buttons are For the steering wheel, don’t tuck it under that plate, you actually stick it down between where the steering wheel ends, and the plate begins, pushing it in a gap there. I tucked mine under, and it made the switches on the steering wheel very stiff.

A friend with Plaid called to ask what I had done. He is on Yoke #3, and Tesla has told him that the next one will cost him...even though the person told him that they are having serious quality problems on the yoke. He is not happy, but not willing to change to a wheel...which is apparently the only solution that Tesla has. This is insane customer service.
My service guy said that Tesla is offering a one time warranty for their pealing yokes. Said they would replace mine under warranty right now, or that I could wait till the newer model is released, and have that one done under warranty. I decided to wait for the improved one, quietly hoping it will come with a center horn button.

My service guy said that Tesla is offering a one time warranty for their pealing yokes. Said they would replace mine under warranty right now, or that I could wait till the newer model is released, and have that one done under warranty. I decided to wait for the improved one, quietly hoping it will come with a center horn button.
Mine said that too. This’ll be my 4th in 2 years. First they said June of 23, then Aug, late fall, January now spring of ‘24

IMG_4206.jpeg

This is the second replacement so third yoke in total since Dec 4, 2021. For the last 8 months they’ve been saying they have a new one coming out.

I love everything about the yoke, save for the fact it melts in your hands. Don’t want a wheel but ser, wtf

Attachments

• IMG_4208.png
    IMG_4208.png
    309.8 KB · Views: 21
Tesla should be embarrassed by that picture. It is ridiculus they don’t have the newer Yoke out now and why they can’t make these last. Never seen that on any car ever. Love the Yoke too, but come on Tesla, you can do better.
They've told me 1st quarter of the year. I'll believe when I see it. The Service Centers seem to not know anymore than we do.

Reactions: DBV1 and Pdubs
Tesla made a mistake by giving into the environmentalists and not using leather.
I guess they made a misstake bigger than that - they also webt to use the cheapest sh***y alternative. The feeling of the rubber plastic on the yoke is the same as a worn out steering wheel from the cheapest Toyota from 1985. The difference might be that the Toyota steering wheel still look ok.

Soneone mentioned alcantara, that would probably hood up well.

Reactions: Big Earl and Pdubs