Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yoke peeling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got mine being installed March 11. Confirmed they have the parts in stock.

Which means they don’t have the parts in stock because… Tesla.

Wish me luck.
Seriously. Now I'm getting p'ssed. I emailed my guy at the SC and included a copy of that pdf a few posts back. Haven't heard back yet. I don't even like people getting in my car anymore.

IMG_4593.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: Evee and zoomer0056
Oh I’m almost certain it’s not. Can’t wait for the push out again later in the week.
Here is the reply I literally just got from my guy at the SC. He's top shelf and very helpful.

"
Hey Pdubs how are you sir?

Not yet! I do know they’re getting closer to releasing that new yoke though, we are anticipating a release date this spring. More demand than expected delayed the release of the new yoke materials. I do expect them to release more info soon. Feel free to email me though if you don’t see or hear anything within the next few weeks.

Thank you!

"

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056
That is hard to believe since there was a mobile tech on Reddit who has already received some for installation. What is Tesla doing if true?
A Tesla mobile tech is posting on Reddit? Reddit should never be used as "a trusted source" or "a source familiar with". You are right to ask the question "if true" when reading anything on Reddit.

Reactions: Yelobird and Pdubs
A Tesla mobile tech is posting on Reddit? Reddit should never be used as "a trusted source" or "a source familiar with". You are right to ask the question "if true" when reading anything on Reddit.
No kidding. Did I actually say a trusted source? Thanks for letting me know though, as that was a worthwhile comment, not. You can make that same case for any forum, including this one. LOL

Looks legit to me on reddit with pics. Someone posted the same thing here. All I was doing was making it a comment, not saying it was the absolute truth, although I hope it was. 🙂

Reactions: zoomer0056
We all are guilty of feasting on scraps here.

Every time one reacts to that bait that proceeds a click, you are rewarding the rumour and FUD mill.

I have to give credit to Tesla for informational security however. The should submit a unsolicited bid on a contract to maintain our national defense secrets. What have now is clearly lacking.

• Funny
Reactions: DBV1 and Pdubs
Turns out my appointment got pushed because the rear strut that’s failing in my car - the replacement part isn’t in stock. So they still (supposedly) have the yoke, but… yeah… waiting on the strut. Guess I’ll find out before Thursday if they push it out again.

*EDIT*

Naturally I didn't trust what I was receiving via text, so I called my service center, and they don't have the yoke in stock either. This was after they told me on the phone late last week they definitely have the parts, assigned to my order. LOL. Tesla. Seriously.

*EDIT*

Now pushed to next week. Thanks, Tesla.

Last edited: