Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

You cannot edit design at this time"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It has been blowing up on X.Go look what the Cybertruck (Nota) forum guy has a thread about how some of us (me included) The TLDR version is if you no linger see your Motor configuration, and just see "You cannot edit design at this time then you have been queued to get your cybertruck in the next year.

Sounds fishy. I reserved very late and I see that message.
Yep. Though "fishy" might not be the word.
I have three reservation. When I looked this morning one or two had lost the configuration information, and one still had it. Now all three are without the configuration so it was not done with the push of a button. Some thought/time went into the change. Why? I do not even have a guess.
I ordered three because I wanted to keep all my options open when it came time to get it. I ordered one of each configuration, and all three with FSD. I did so because I knew it would be such a long time before they were produced, and I thought that there might be a variable that would be a deciding factor between one or the other, other than just how many motors. Battery size, rear-wheel steering, price change....stuff like that.

It still could have been a push of a button but due to the large number of reservations it took hours to go through the database and update all of the records.

They are definitely doing some housecleaning (removing the configuration that you ordered as they are definitely changing the offerings) in preparation. But I'm not getting excited until they announce a date for the party.