Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your Model 3 Maximum Range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What I’m a bit annoyed about is the rest of europe now get an 82kwh battery in the LR, but in the UK we still get the old 79kwh one! New European LRs now have 380 miles of WLTP range! 😢
My MIC 2021 LR bought in France has the smaller battery. It’s not just the UK. I was expecting the larger battery but they did the ol’ switcheroo. Yes I was angry. Meanwhile the Tesla staff lied through their teeth about it (or if I’m charitable, they were lied to). The car was €3000 cheaper than I was expecting, which on a pro rata basis was the going rate for the loss of that many miles. Still I would have been happy to pay the money and get the bigger battery.
But, that aside, and as long as I never get in the situation where I have to push it 20 miles to the nearest charger, I am happy with my car. In fact I’m becoming quite attached 😀

Reactions: teaston
I ordered, waited then told a date with vin and reg. Picked up the car and had no other written confirmation. could have been anything.... Not acceptable.

.Just had confirmation but not Tesla as I am still waiting for official reply, I am on 75KW bats from China, which makes sense BUT bit annoyed as I thought 2021 was all 82kw especially in the EU. UK are still Europe just not in the European single market. so seems UK got dumped the old bats even though pound is worth more than the euro.
Nothing really to do with EU, just we are RHD, rest of europe is LHD so using up the leftovers basically on the RHD ones...

Maybe a silly question, but is the range read out linked with the app. My app shows 336 miles for a 100% charge. Will this change in the app as well or is it ‘dumb’?

Its relatively dynamic (but not influenced by driving) and will update in the app - if you slide to '100%' then over time you will notice the mileage change up and down.

This is good to know from a selfish point of view. I'm kinda thinking that the softlock should make ours look better from a perceived degredation point of view as time rumbles on... As we're never fully stressing the battery with a full charge.

I know it is a while since your post but mine is also one of the softlock cars, November 2021.

And interestingly, I'm still on exactly 320 miles at 100%. I'm still hitting the software lock.

So I do think the softlock has offset any degredation. There had to be one benefit of the first 2021 model cars, the rest hasn't been so reliable.

Last edited:
I have a week old RWD Model 3. Only 199 miles on the clock. The range shows a max of 271 miles when fully charged. What do others with new vehicles show as their max range?
270 to 273 miles is what most people report for a new 60 kWh RWD/SR+. Yours sounds correct, the mileage show is based on the EPA test rating used in the US, not the WLTP range provided in Europe as a means to compare vehicles, not to provide an accurate real world range.

Both are optimistic, but at least EPA is closer to reality.

Reactions: Cantonalegod
I was expecting 305 or close to it
I said don't say that!
Since you will never drive your car in a way that matches the Worldwide Harmonized Light Vehicles Test Procedure (WLTP) why would you want your car to estimate your range based on that? WLTP is there only to compare vehicles on websites.
What you are asking for is the equivalent of your ICE estimating your remaining miles of fuel based on the assumption you will drive them at a constant 56mph.

Alternately if you want it to show 305miles because you think the car should really do 305miles then I'm afraid you are going to be disappointed.
Most people switch it to percent.

Reactions: init6