Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

100,000+ Mile Club

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_9727.jpeg

160,000 km is about 100,000 miles

Full charge is 364 km, 91 % of new.

No problems with out of warranty repairs.

Interior and exterior are holding up very well - love this car.

Car was deliverd in March 2014.

I'd love to hear some details on what sort of out of warranty costs you've had as well as what your max (or 90%) charge numbers are!
Sorry I did not see this sooner. The only thing we had to pay for that would have been covered by the warranty was $300 for door handles sticking. The only other charges we have encountered was a cracked windshield a bent rim, and of course new tires. We take our car in for service every 24,000 miles, rather than the 12,000 recommended and it has not seemed to make any difference. We have a 60kw and our 90% range is now 170 - 172 miles, probably 10 miles less than that in the winter.

Reactions: ModelS1079
I had 85K miles on my first Sig Model S and sold it at 3 years. I now have over 20K miles on my 90D at 9 mo.

The only comment (ha, there's more than that) is about the idea that there's so much service. In all my miles, I have never taken my car in for "service". If they want to do a quick scan and whatever while I'm in getting the only rattle I've ever had, which they fixed in 15 minutes, good. My first car had the requisite door handle issues and a bent frunk latch, all fixed for free. The windshield had a known problem and started a crack at about 60K and it was fixed free. All in all, very trouble free, low "maintenance", never a drive train issue or battery issue.

The warranty on the charge is supposed to be "less than 10% in 8 years", and you can find expected degradation curves, that show a steeper drop in the first few years, tapering to maybe 5-7% at ten. My first car seemed to be on track. I charge at home at 30 amps, supercharge when on trips. I am getting 252 at 90% on my 90D. When you drive a lot, you don't want to worry about range!

Reactions: DIL
I will be approaching 100K sometime in the middle of next year (sooner if i take the vehicle on two of the trips I have planned, rather than the wife's car).

So far, so good ... with a few repairs here and there. The one thing I have is a low pitched "humming" that is almost constant. Very faint and only detectable when there is no other ambient noise. It is almost like the noise that you hear from a fluorescent light gang box. Any ideas as to what this is?

Is the buzzing present when accelerating or even at idle? I had it sounding exactly as you described but only when power was to the drive unit (accelerating) and it ended up being replaced under warranty. So quiet now!

What you're referring to is "milling" which I ALSO had about a few years ago, and I also had my motor replaced. This is different and is constant whether charging or not ... it sounds like a ground to "something" is loose, but it does not affect charging, driving, etc. and if you take it to the shop, they can't hear it unless all 76 workers stop and shut up at the same time (along with holding all traffic and flights out of Love field).

So I will keep reviewing my options ...

100,000 miles
So, tomorrow morning I will hit 100,000 miles. It's been quite a ride, all the way. I believe my car was the third in Massachusetts, possibly the fourth. Reservation 1079, production number 1845. Held the reservation for 3 1/2 years before the car arrived. And now suddenly the car is 4 1/2 years old, and the reservation was eight years ago. Much has happened since then, to this Tesla community. And most of it very, very good. The Taz the community as a community of great people. A special nod to those of you who also took the flying leap on the reservation before the Model S was made (You know who you are, many have become good friends over the years, and for that I am particularly thankful), and to you original roadster folks? You're all crazy. Ben comes to mind. When I have a chance, I'll post updated stats – WH/mile, battery, etc.
And I said it before, I'll say it again:
Of all the things in life that don't really matter, This is the best.

It seems kinda blasé, given how many Teslas now have over 100,000 miles, but I'm happy to say that my car is finally in the club. I'm still loving the drive, still loving how it accelerates faster than most cars on the road, and still loving the look.

Yes, I have some battery degradation, several minor battle scars, and it takes longer to supercharge, but, the same is true for my car, and I don't feel too bad about it. ;)

Here's to the next 100,000!

I have 101,392 miles on my 2014 Tesla Model S. I purchased it about 15 months ago with 24K miles on the odometer. It appears as if I am putting on about 5,160 miles per month - so I guess you could say I am really loving it. I live in the Phoenix area now but still commute to my job in Anaheim, California. I am getting around 238 miles at 90%. I have only had two issues - a failed drive unit and a crooked quarter window. I love this vehicle and look forward to many, many more years with this vehicle. Tesla just nailed it with this car. Here are some of my favorites:

Automatic Parking Brake
No start button
Rear-facing seats
Slacker Radio
Voice Navigation (Amazing!)
Acceleration and handling
The beauty of the design
The frunk!
The roof rack

Here are some pictures of me using my Tesla to move to Arizona. The items in the garage all fit in one trip - this is the most versatile car I have ever owned.

Brent

WP_20170125_19_51_12_Rich.jpg
WP_20170125_10_32_18_Rich.jpg