Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

100D Buyers/Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Joined the tribe. Just picked up my new MX 100D. Going to post pics soon.

Couple surprises- the backs of the front and 2nd row seats have a matte leather finish. Love them. I didn't think I was going to get them. I wasn't that big of a fan of the glossy black look beforehand.

Also the 100% charge showed 340 miles. I am charging it now up to 80% and it's saying 328 miles now.

There was no free swag :( I was expecting a shirt or cup or mug but no dice. Tesla ended their free swag few weeks ago when I asked.

Congrats Dr Doom! Can't wait to see some pics. Which Tesla did you pick up from?

Did you go through the checklist that was provided in one of the threads? I'm assuming you didn't find any problems and everything is perfect? Thanks

I went thru the checklist and sat with DS to go over the car. Everything seems really good. Don't want to jinx myself but car- trim is good, seal is fine, the charger port is fine. road noise is pretty quiet and also there isn't ghosting on windshield. :) car also looks really really good. so im in the honeymoon phase. Im loving the center console and 8.1. I keep playing with audio commands of pulling up sorts of music.

Since we've picked up our X, my wife has been driving it fairly exclusively. I got to drive it one weekend when she had to go on a trip. Once she got back, except for me picking her up from the airport, she "insists" that I just ride shotgun, and "enjoy the view" (which I really do! Love the windshield!).

That being said, I am now happy as a clam with our Model S and AP1. Lovin' it!

Reactions: chillaban
Ok, so to answer your question. The insurance companies that she likes the best because they are more fair and easier to pay your claims are AAA, Allstate, Amica, and State Farm.

Other ones on her black list are State Farm, Liberty Mutual (Liberty), Farmers, and USAA. I've heard her scream at these people on occasions.

So which is it for the State farm?

@FlyF4 I'd like to know the answer to this as well. State Farm is listed as both a good guy and a bad guy...

In my experience, the last being December 2015 when my Porsche was totaled by someone with Progressive insurance, State Farm is a good one. Progressive was low-balling me and wouldn't budge. State Farm came up with a reasonable price and managed to get my $1000 deductible from Progressive. However, I have little experience with other companies.

@FlyF4 I'd like to know the answer to this as well. State Farm is listed as both a good guy and a bad guy...

Don't know if this helps, but State Farm is actually a bunch of different companies:

State Farm Companies – State Farm®

Quote:

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company is the largest auto insurer in the U.S. since 1942. About one of every five cars on the road is insured with State Farm. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company is a mutual insurance company and as such does not have any shareholders. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company is also the parent company of several wholly-owned subsidiaries that provide property and life insurance, banking products and mutual funds.

State Farm Indemnity Company commenced business in 1991 and writes auto insurance in the state of New Jersey for the State Farm group. The company was formed to provide more accurate pricing and risk assessment in this unique market.

State Farm Guaranty Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of State Farm Indemnity Company, began writing auto insurance business in the state of New Jersey in 2006. All business written by State Farm Guaranty Insurance Company is ceded to State Farm Indemnity Company.

Also:

State Farm Fire and Casualty Company was formed in 1935 to provide property insurance for State Farm customers in the United States. The product lines written by State Farm Fire and Casualty Company include homeowners, boat owners and many commercial lines. The company has been the largest insurer of homes in the U.S. since 1964.

End quote.

I had State Farm years ago (luckily never had to use), and vaguely remember my auto insurance card was listed under Fire and Casualty, Not Mutual Automobile... (We had bundled home and car...).

I had to go back to this thread that kept all of us 100D owners on life support while we waited.
It is so satisfying to see this email show up in my email box
Unlimited Supercharging for you and your friends.
Great news—starting today, your Model S or Model X has free, unlimited Supercharging. You will no longer be charged for pay per use Supercharging, although idle fees will still apply.

Even better, you can also give unlimited Supercharging to five friends, along with $1,000 in credit toward a new Model S or Model X.

Share your referral code: http://ts.la/karl9158

Thank you Tesla. I wrestled giving up Supercharging to gain the 100D. Now thank you Elon for bringing it back & Grandfathering in your supporters.
Nevermind that I noticed the gas price going up again. To that I say, what gas?

-TechVP

I had to go back to this thread that kept all of us 100D owners on life support while we waited.
It is so satisfying to see this email show up in my email box
Unlimited Supercharging for you and your friends.
Great news—starting today, your Model S or Model X has free, unlimited Supercharging. You will no longer be charged for pay per use Supercharging, although idle fees will still apply.

Even better, you can also give unlimited Supercharging to five friends, along with $1,000 in credit toward a new Model S or Model X.

Share your referral code: http://ts.la/karl9158

Thank you Tesla. I wrestled giving up Supercharging to gain the 100D. Now thank you Elon for bringing it back & Grandfathering in your supporters.
Nevermind that I noticed the gas price going up again. To that I say, what gas?

-TechVP

We'd struggled as well where we decided to switch from a December order for a 90D to the 100D in February and gave up the free Supercharging. So yeah, this feels great!

I had the same struggle. I really wanted the 100 battery for the extra range, but also wanted the FUSC. So it was between the P100D before the cutoff or the 100D after cutoff. Decided the free unlimited SC wasn't going to add up to the $37,000 difference and got the 100D on the first day it was offered. (I also had to gamble the 100D was to be offered at all, but assumed high probability.)

So happy I now have the FUSC like every other model S and X owner.

Holy *sugar*, just found the email, but am waiting to tell my wife when she wakes up. The lack of Unlimited Supercharging was a frustration, but clearly not a deal breaker. As a share holder I was just happy to see my MX before the end of 1Q17 or 31Mar17 to the laymen:)

I am/will be eternally thankful to Tesla!

If I wasn't a fanboy before; I am the number one fanboy today:) Tesla sure knows how to build customer loyalty:)